Blue Marker lights!

I know truck add-on’s are frowned upon on this site so i dont want to hear your moans! What i do want to know is, Is it legal to have blue marker lights fitted to the front of a vehicle? I dont want to hear what you think is allowed. want facts. links etc. Trying to settle an argument on another site.

Keep her lit , as in well lit. Too many agency men drivin other peoples trucks on here :smiley:

Keep her lit , as in well lit. Too many agency men drivin other peoples trucks on here

errrr…what :question: kind of answer is that :question:

ps I don’t know the answer but would guess that blue lights on any vehicle other than the emergency services would be a no-no :wink:

yes they are legal,shade 101% as long as THEY DONT FLASH, and not on the corners ie outside marker lights on say cab roof these must be white for mot only,but blue are legal to use,so the answer is YES, daz

Yes it is legal, as long as they do not appear to flash. There was a problem with people having them in the window behind the wipers, which were causing the blue lights to seem to flash as the wipers passed over them.

The blue lights are legal as long as they don’t flash,it’s also in the legal questions in this months trucking magazine.
Breedy.

from another site…

• Blue Lights

The law states that ONLY emergency vehicles can display blue lights so if your vehicle has any LED or neon under vehicle lighting system which is emitting a blue light (note - the light does not have to flash - a solid light is also covered under this offence) that could also attract a ?30 fixed penalty notice and/or being reported to court. This offence would also include blue LED lights on windscreen washer jets and number plates

ellies dad:
Keep her lit , as in well lit. Too many agency men drivin other peoples trucks on here :smiley:

Yeah! In Ireland all the agency guys drive their own trucks !! LOL !!

although this is from the Police Legal database

Q398
I have seen cars with small blue lights on the windscreen wipers, is this legal?

Answer
Lights mounted on the screen wash nozzle may be legal if they do not flash, move or distract other drivers. It is illegal to have any red lights to the front of the vehicle

So , go figure :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

leaving the legality issue aside for a moment are you sure you want blue lights given what they signify?

If you aren’t already aware blue lights are used by the gay dogging community to advertise the fact they are up for a bit of, err, ahem, ‘fun’. Pull into some lay-bys with your blue lights on and don’t be surprised if you are suddenly very popular with some of the male car drivers lurking there. If you decide to keep them it might be an idea to pack a few condoms and maybe a tube of KY just in case. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
leaving the legality issue aside for a moment are you sure you want blue lights given what they signify?

If you aren’t already aware blue lights are used by the gay dogging community to advertise the fact they are up for a bit of, err, ahem, ‘fun’. Pull into some lay-bys with your blue lights on and don’t be surprised if you are suddenly very popular with some of the male car drivers lurking there. If you decide to keep them it might be an idea to pack a few condoms and maybe a tube of KY just in case. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

:frowning: :sunglasses:

Frilly curtains anyone ? PMSL

As ■■■■ Emery would have said “you are awful, but I like you” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: