Clipper logistics

Clipper seem to be gaining lots of business by the looks of it, they seem no be popping up everywhere working for all kinds of companies like Boden, super dry, H&M, John Lewis. They also have a Halfords warehouse at crick and a pretty little thing warehouse near Sheffield that can be seen from the M1. I’d not really noticed them a year ago.

Anybody know what they’re like to work for as a class 1 driver and what their pay rates are like? I’m sure someone said their drivers do 4 on 4 off shift patterns?

I know someone that used to do class 2 for them and they said it was pure graft lugging cages about doing shop deliveries.

I used to work with them when I was employed with an Agency in Carlisle.

The Class 1 work that I had was reletively simple, drive from their depot in Kingmoor park down to Rotherham, there you will swap vehicles with another driver who has came up from somewhere else and then drive back up to Carlisle, you dock the trailer and then your day is done. I don’t know what it’s like at any other of their depots, but with Carlisle when it came to Class 1, it was trunking. Class 2 was multi-drop.

Quadrafox700:
I used to work with them when I was employed with an Agency in Carlisle.

The Class 1 work that I had was reletively simple, drive from their depot in Kingmoor park down to Rotherham, there you will swap vehicles with another driver who has came up from somewhere else and then drive back up to Carlisle, you dock the trailer and then your day is done. I don’t know what it’s like at any other of their depots, but with Carlisle when it came to Class 1, it was trunking. Class 2 was multi-drop.

Thanks, appreciate your reply. I may give it a go if it’s just trunking and sticking it on a bay. Get the experience in going to large distribution centres until I build up my reversing skills

i noticed their new Halfords DC at Crick…got an 8 year deal with them apparently

carryfast-yeti:
i noticed their new Halfords DC at Crick…got an 8 year deal with them apparently

Let’s hope Halfords last that long,im surprised they’re still going tbh.