National lorry week

Yes this week is national lorry week.
Hope your all feeling the love out there.

For more info this is copied from the rha website.

Monday 16 September 2019
until Sunday 22 September 2019

RHA’s fifth annual National Lorry Week will be back 16-22 September 2019 - it’s your chance get the UK to #LoveTheLorry!

We know that the haulage industry is the life-blood of the country, and we want to make sure that everyone in the country knows it too!

Get the UK to #LoveTheLorry! Download the National Lorry Week printable materials for your events! Remember to use the #LoveTheLorry hashtag while sharing on Social Media.

Download National Lorry Week Toolkit

We’re calling on RHA members nationwide to help us promote the haulage industry as a new/change of career option. Whether you’re holding an event or want to get involved with one already planned, get in touch.
Download the information flyer here.

Is it a coincidence that I have just received this from DVSA :-

How to report unsafe lorry, bus or coach drivers to DVSA
Today (16 September 2019), we’ve published new guidance on GOV.UK to help people report lorry, bus or coach drivers and companies to DVSA if they think they’re breaking safety rules.

We want to use this intelligence and evidence to take strong action against law breakers who are a danger to other road users.

This new guidance will make it easier for people to report quality information to us about things such as:

breaking drivers’ hours rules
overloading vehicles
using vehicles that are not safe to drive (unroadworthy)
using emission cheat devices
carrying dangerous or hazardous goods without permission

manski:
Is it a coincidence that I have just received this from DVSA :-

How to report unsafe lorry, bus or coach drivers to DVSA
Today (16 September 2019), we’ve published new guidance on GOV.UK to help people report lorry, bus or coach drivers and companies to DVSA if they think they’re breaking safety rules.

We want to use this intelligence and evidence to take strong action against law breakers who are a danger to other road users.

This new guidance will make it easier for people to report quality information to us about things such as:

breaking drivers’ hours rules
overloading vehicles
using vehicles that are not safe to drive (unroadworthy)
using emission cheat devices
carrying dangerous or hazardous goods without permission

And me.

crivvens,jings,help ma boab !!!
looks like im on borrowed time next trip whem im as usual wired up late for the boat with a load of adr booked on as groupage with the labels in the bin…
thats 4 out of 5 of the above constantly broken…life goes on… :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
looks like im on borrowed time next trip whem im as usual wired up late for the boat with a load of adr booked on as groupage with the labels in the bin…

I take it your still doing the 20 ton of steel on the floor and 20 ton of swinging horse dd… :laughing: :wink:

m.a.n rules:

dieseldog999:

I take it your still doing the 20 ton of steel on the floor and 20 ton of swinging horse dd… :laughing: :wink:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
not exactly but if i was getting paid by the ton■■? :laughing:

breaking hours rules…check
overloading vehicles…check
adblu bypass…check
carrying haz without an adr…check
i suppose hooking it up makes it 5 after all.
just standard practice as and when required over here for some thats not too fussed about the regs. :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

m.a.n rules:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
not exactly but if i was getting paid by the ton■■? :laughing:

adblu bypass…check
i suppose hooking it up makes it 5 after all.
just standard practice as and when required over here for some thats not too fussed about the regs. :slight_smile:

Who said there’s no proper truckers, Crack on DD, mirrors in your coming by… 5*****

personally ive never seen 30 ton of hanging over 20 ton of steel plates though i did witness a paddy working for o"hagans back early 80s when we were stuck in a cpl foot of snow on the 69 on haltwistle bank insisting to a cop in a rangerover at 2a.m. that he didnt need to wait in the queue to get towed up, ( remember when plod would fire a rope onto your front bumper and destroy their range rover to get you going)?
and that if he went up first without the tow he would leave good tracks as he was 17 ton overweight.
we all agreed that he could go 1st with the cop pulling him up and waving byebye before the rest of us got towed up…happy days all round. :slight_smile:

DD, cowboys like you should be put off the road or else improve your ways before you bring unwelcome ill-repute on your colleagues.

dieseldog999:

Familiarise yourself with drivers hours requirements and ensure you produce model cards when on the bang.

dieseldog999:

When overloaded do not put a few ton of cherry or green in the pallet carrier tank as you have already made enough on the overload.

dieseldog999:
adblu bypass…check

Spend a few pence on an On/Off switch and don’t forget to flick it off after the checkpoint or you will run out and heap embarrassment on your nation when overtaken by all the grocery delivery plodders while you are stuck in limp mode.

dieseldog999:

As long as you signed nothing and didn’t miss an obvious label just keep pleading the 5th and you’ll be grand.

FYI, ambitious limiters are approved when pulling a fridge and the Dept Of Agriculture will issue you a photo of the Two Fingers to show DVSA or Angus as they are totally unaware of your number plate when pulling you over.

So smarten up your act or you will start getting paid from the neck down and will have to start wearing a high viz and company boots at all times outside of the bunk.