Volvo FH tips?

So, after fun with illness and employer. I have a new job, (which once I get settled in ould be brilliant, ex boss may have done me a favour) and now have a lovely 18 plate Volvo FH, (2015 build year). Few questions, any tips on setting the heating to dry gloves? The whole climate control thing is nice but a bit weird, what actually is that weird arm thing that comes out from under the middle dash? (Currently holding a water bottle). No Bluetooth, now this is no worries as I use my headset, but apparently you could stream from phone to radio via the Bluetooth!!, Presuming this is just the model, not hidden somewhere I have to turn on. And finally does anyone have any advice with replacing the cd reader above my head with and aux+usb combination. Do Volvo do an official one?? Or failing that any advice on fitting an aux lead?
Also,. SOOO much storage, so comfy [emoji38] additional thanks to @robroy for his advice just before I started.

Regards
Ste

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

Stehinch:
what actually is that weird arm thing that comes out from under the middle dash? (Currently holding a water bottle).

Its, believe or not, the drinks holder

No Bluetooth, now this is no worries as I use my headset, but apparently you could stream from phone to radio via the Bluetooth!!, Presuming this is just the model, not hidden somewhere I have to turn on.

There is bluetooth, I’m not 100% how to set it but there is a phone option so I would imagine it’s in there.

And finally does anyone have any advice with replacing the cd reader above my head with and aux+usb combination. Do Volvo do an official one?? Or failing that any advice on fitting an aux lead?

Should already be fitted. To the left of the dash in between the radio and dashboard?

Jimmy McNulty:

Stehinch:
what actually is that weird arm thing that comes out from under the middle dash? (Currently holding a water bottle).

Its, believe or not, the drinks holder

No Bluetooth, now this is no worries as I use my headset, but apparently you could stream from phone to radio via the Bluetooth!!, Presuming this is just the model, not hidden somewhere I have to turn on.

There is bluetooth, I’m not 100% how to set it but there is a phone option so I would imagine it’s in there.

And finally does anyone have any advice with replacing the cd reader above my head with and aux+usb combination. Do Volvo do an official one?? Or failing that any advice on fitting an aux lead?

Should already be fitted. To the left of the dash in between the radio and dashboard?

At least I’m using something right [emoji23]. radio has all the buttons etc for phone, mic next to tacho, but nothibg in settings for Bluetooth or phone, and nothing next to radio on dash. Think she may be a baser model maybe? Thankyou though

This is the bit in the middle of dash and how the bluetooth screen looks. Press ok on the settings button then the second pic should come up. I am fairly certain all volvo’s come with bluetooth as standard

bristolrob:
This is the bit in the middle of dash and how the bluetooth screen looks. Press ok on the settings button then the second pic should come up. I am fairly certain all volvo’s come with bluetooth as standard

Nope, mine is solid plastic, and under settings I’ve got brightness and contrast that’s it[emoji3]. Thinking it’ll be put up with it for a couple months then have a chat with the boss about fitting stuff. There is an audio upgrade option on Volvo’s site so probably just not chosen upon purchase.

I’m steadily falling completely in Love with this truck, and apparently she’s pretty basic for a Volvo!. Why did I think dafs where so nice??

Volvo all day long for me, can’t fault them. Mine is a 63 plate and is coming up to a million km’s and looks and drives as new.
Get the manual out and refer to that for any problems. Very surprised if bluetooth is not standard

Bluetooth not standard on all models.

Haven’t seen that many blank switches before so I guess your boss didn’t splash out but It depends on the work you are doing I suppose really. We are geared up for tramping.

The best thing to do is get onto this website
volvotrucks.co.uk/en-gb/tru … nline.html
and pop in your chassis number and download the manual specific to your truck. I usually get the PDF version but there is other options.

I found it amazing to discover that the trailer brake was still fitted even though we thought it had been dropped.

I didn’t realise that unlike our 15 plates, our 16 plates had emergency brake assist fitted until all hell broke loose one night and I nearly crapped myself.

Next day loaded that chassis number into the Volvo website to download that unit’s specific manual and I discovered there was a whole treasure trove of clever stuff fitted which I was able to set up to my liking.

Thus my top tip is today’s wagons are complicated so just get the manual like Artic monkey says and have a flick through. Volvo UK make this so easy.

Even though I have a soft spot for Scania the FH 4 is a fabulous truck imo so I hope you like it.

Like every other truck if you get one with all the toys great but if you get lumbered with lane assist and distance breaking find the off switch. Next thing they be fitting park assist but in some cases that might not be a bad thing .

Hurryup&wait:
Even though I have a soft spot for Scania the FH 4 is a fabulous truck imo so I hope you like it.

I gave that a try, thanks, found plenty of other things out! I only have 2 blank switches :wink: but i do agree, i prefer the fh4 over scania.

bristolrob:

Hurryup&wait:

I gave that a try, thanks, found plenty of other things out! I only have 2 blank switches :wink: but i do agree, i prefer the fh4 over scania.

I’d defect that, No electric blind. :smiley:

Watch out for the little switch in front of your left knee, volvo assist.sat one day playing on phone I could hear hello hello I’m like I’m hearing things it was volvo assist
My knee had hit the switch

Stehinch:

bristolrob:

Nope, mine is solid plastic, and under settings I’ve got brightness and contrast that’s it[emoji3]. Thinking it’ll be put up with it for a couple months then have a chat with the boss about fitting stuff. There is an audio upgrade option on Volvo’s site so probably just not chosen upon purchase.

I’m steadily falling completely in Love with this truck, and apparently she’s pretty basic for a Volvo!. Why did I think dafs where so nice??

glad to hear you’re loving the Volvo. we’re running a fleet of daf cf’s at present…but apparently Dhl have bought a huge amount of Volvo’s,and we are getting a fleet of them in December…despite our depot being a stone’s throw from the daf agent :astonished:

Hurryup&wait:
Haven’t seen that many blank switches before so I guess your boss didn’t splash out but It depends on the work you are doing I suppose really. We are geared up for tramping.

The best thing to do is get onto this website
volvotrucks.co.uk/en-gb/tru … nline.html
and pop in your chassis number and download the manual specific to your truck. I usually get the PDF version but there is other options.

I found it amazing to discover that the trailer brake was still fitted even though we thought it had been dropped.

I didn’t realise that unlike our 15 plates, our 16 plates had emergency brake assist fitted until all hell broke loose one night and I nearly crapped myself.

Next day loaded that chassis number into the Volvo website to download that unit’s specific manual and I discovered there was a whole treasure trove of clever stuff fitted which I was able to set up to my liking.

Thus my top tip is today’s wagons are complicated so just get the manual like Artic monkey says and have a flick through. Volvo UK make this so easy.

Ooh, that’s monday evening entertainment sorted [emoji3][emoji3]. Thanks.

You guys are very welcome.

It’s a change I guess for me to put up a useful post rather than a row starter :grimacing:

Hurryup&wait:
You guys are very welcome.

It’s a change I guess for me to put up a useful post rather than a row starter :grimacing:

Your always entertaining sir [emoji28], just having a gander, nothing shiny, (I’m on the mobile so not getting a download option?). If the only complaint about the truck is lack of aux/usb. Oh, the cupholder is stuck open (in the usable position) and the middle dash light doesn’t work. That’s it.
Wow, I’m well happy, got real lucky here methinks [emoji3]

malcolmgbell:
Watch out for the little switch in front of your left knee, volvo assist.sat one day playing on phone I could hear hello hello I’m like I’m hearing things it was volvo assist
My knee had hit the switch

Is that what that switch which th VAS is??