2011 Volvo FH radio help

looks like I’m getting a new (to me ) truck next week .Had a quick look round it and what I did notice is that the radio (standard volvo radio ) dosen’t have the usb aux plug in points . I know you can get a plug to pop into a blank switch panel but cant seem to find one online anywhere . I’m guessing I’ll have to get it from the local Volvo dealer so what I want to know is -
1 - price . Anyone know what price one of these would be roughly ?
2- fitting - Is it just a matter of popping out the radio plugging in the leads and putting the plate into a blank switch on the dash ?

Had a friend ask Volvo about this and can’t remember the exact price but for what it was it was extortionate so he didn’t ask any further details just walked out in disgust!

Is it not possible to remove the Volvo head unit and the small tray below it, to make a double DIN head unit space?
This may be your cheapest option? As I think the adapter is quite expensive.

Just been on the phone - " £139 for the kit " me - "whats in the kit ? them - " a plate to fit into the blank switch a couple of wires and a plug "
me - "Thanks for looking that up but I can buy a radio with bluetooth an an aux plug and a USB port for £70 "

beefy4605:
Just been on the phone - " £139 for the kit " me - "whats in the kit ? them - " a plate to fit into the blank switch a couple of wires and a plug "
me - "Thanks for looking that up but I can buy a radio with bluetooth an an aux plug and a USB port for £70 "

My reply would have been something like “how ■■■■■■■ much??!”

That’s if he was still on the line when I’d managed to pick myself up off the floor :grimacing: