DAF XF105 Spotlights

I’ve just fitted a light bar and spotlights on a 2013, DAF XF105.

The question is how to get the power to them? Just seems to be a real pain getting the cable up there and wondered if I’m just doing the job the hard way!

Thanks

There is no easy way to get power up above the windscreen of the amount you’re going to need. Hope you’ve calculated the amperage drawn and are going to be using a suitably hefty cable.

Lost in France:
I’ve just fitted a light bar and spotlights on a 2013, DAF XF105.

The question is how to get the power to them? Just seems to be a real pain getting the cable up there and wondered if I’m just doing the job the hard way!

Thanks

You’ve doubled…

It’s resale value.

Sell it and get one with lights already fitted.

There have been numerous queries about these lights in the past on this or the owner’s forum. I don’t recall any answering specifically how to wire them nor the necessary relay, but certainly how they are switched has been discussed. IIRC motor vehicle lighting regs require them to be inoperable unless main beam is selected.

Is it a SuperSpace?

As above, regardless of how you mount them or where you route the cables, they should only operate with main beam.

From the fusebox up behind the plastic panel at the side of the windscreen and in through the top lockers and out to the spotlights is the way to route the cable

However you route the wiring please remember to fit an off switch.
The power feed to the relay should come from the high beam circuit so they will only operate on high beam and then through a switch so you can switch them off because they will blind you if driving in snow fall and might also fail an MOT if they’re switched on during the test depending on the test centre.

I would call a competent auto electrician tbh…at least you know its gonna be done right…costly …but peace of mind.

If your comfortable doing it yourself, then do it, you just need 30A relays,a switch for the dash, tube of sealent, and time, to strip out, wire will run down the Apillar into fuse box, make a bracket for relays, find power, and high beam switching. Join it up. Flash flash.

biggriffin:
If your comfortable doing it yourself, then do it, you just need 30A relays,a switch for the dash, tube of sealent, and time, to strip out, wire will run down the Apillar into fuse box, make a bracket for relays, find power, and high beam switching. Join it up. Flash flash.

5x100W spot lights would use 20A at 24V so a 30A relay will be fine.

For the switch terminal of the relay you need to tap off the high beam from either the stalk or the feed to the bulb, then go to an on/off switch for the spotlights and then to the terminal on the relay, in the case of the relay below, pin 86.

Scotchlok connectors are the work of the Devil, don’t use them.

Right I’ve got the cables in place. This was done using a fiberglass rod and some heavy duty strimmer cord. Also taking out the top marker light really helps (space cab).

I’ve got a power feed for the parking lights in the spots taken from the sidelights wires under the big protective wiring panel under the bonnet. Can’t find the main beam cable though other than directly from the headlight. Can anyone help with this?

Need some help locating the main beam feed cable?

Thanks

You need a wiring diagram, to find the correct wire, or flash headlights see which relay clicks, and then see which wire is the flash wire.

You have then got to find a decent supply to power them.

A helpful DAF fitter would be a bonus. Try pm’ing Norb