DAF ssc full beam

It seems DAFt [emoji57] to me that they fitted full beam lights to the upper and lower sets of lights but you can’t have all 4 on at the same time. I’ve done some searching and found a very old post on here about it where they said you can get them all working but switching some wires in the switch but they didn’t elaborate on which wires or which switch, I’m guessing the cross over switch above the windscreen.
I’ve seen some xf’s with all 4 lit up when the driver flashes me in so must be possible.
Anybody know how to do it?

Yeah you just jump the wires across the switch. There’ll be three wires…one that goes to the middle of the switch that’s the feed from the stalk, the other two to the relays for the top or bottom high beams. The way I would do it is to jumper the wire from both the high beams to each other with a short piece of wire.

I would use these connectors: halfords.com/tools/fuses-el … 07563.html

Whilst I’d never normally recommend them for anything permanent the advantage of those is you don’t need to cut the original wires and when you’re getting another truck you can just remove them and other than a small slit in the original wiring insulation there’ll be no sign anything had been altered.

Thanks. The switch has got 3 thin wires and one thicker red. I’m assuming the red is the feed. One thin wire is on its own and the other 2 are next to each other. The trucks got spot lights in the sun visor so I’m thinking the 2 together could be the roof lights and spot lights and the one on it’s own is for the low lights which just needs linking to either of the others. [emoji848]

nomiS36:
Thanks. The switch has got 3 thin wires and one thicker red. I’m assuming the red is the feed. One thin wire is on its own and the other 2 are next to each other. The trucks got spot lights in the sun visor so I’m thinking the 2 together could be the roof lights and spot lights and the one on it’s own is for the low lights which just needs linking to either of the others. [emoji848]

One of the three thin wires will be the illumination for the switch, not for the low lights. If you’ve not got a multimeter to check if you pull another switch out you should see a thin wire going to it that’s the same colour as one of those and that should be the illumination wire for that switch too.

You’ll know if you’ve got it wrong when you turn on your sidelights and the high beams come on. :smiley:

Or your wipers…

Can someone please help with the wiring? I found an older post and someone told me that on new ones doesn’t work anymore. I drive a Daf XF 19 reg.
Other said that the relays will burn.
Please help! Thanks!

I’ve a new daf xg. I haven’t to input I want all 4 beams on. And it resets to 2 normal beams overnight. It’s a bit annoying.
It’s all done on the computer so I don’t know if I can hack it.
But all 4 on looks sweet ……I agree

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone knows how a 21 plate XF S/S would be wired as all three wires are thin and appear to go to a combination of all three switches in a row (sunroof/ sunroof visor and main beam upper/lower lights), any info would be great as its a rubbish idea to not have all 4 at the same time imho.

Many thanks in advance if anyone can help