DAF 105 SSC roof/spot lights?

I have a 58 plate 105 ssc.
It seems that when the lights are on full beam i can have the top lights OR the lower lights working but not both.
Can anyone tell how to get all the main beam lights working at the same time?
There is a couple of 08 plated 105’s on the fleet that do this.
Any help would be muchly appreciated.
Dave

Same in my Scanny, dunno why.

get the wires swapped over on the switch, and a bigger relay to power all the lamps at once :wink:

better off getting a proper auto leccy to do it though :wink:

Ya need a relay from DAF and it plugs in near the tacho, told it was about 4 quid.
(so I’m told).

weeto:
Ya need a relay from DAF and it plugs in near the tacho, told it was about 4 quid.
(so I’m told).

Do you have a part number and do i still need to swap the wires over on the switch?
I would rather sort this out myself if i can Shuttlespanker.

Davemiracleman:

weeto:
(so I’m told).

Do you have a part number and do i still need to swap the wires over on the switch?

Not exactly sure, our fitter has been fitting them to some of ours, i will ask.
I dont think any wires are swapped over, as the switch is still used to turn the roof lights on or off as it is now, so it will be both or just the bottom ones with relay fitted.
Its about 14 quid, and it replaces the one thats already in for the main beam, no part number yet.

be sure to replace the relay’s a.s.a.p with the bigger ones,because on the old 95 i used to drive you won’t what happened to me one day driving round the country roads in brecon looking for a farm “bingo” darkness no lights what so ever. the relays were up behind the tacho 3 of them. had to walk to the farm,get farmer with tractor to follow with just my hazards going, :smiley: happy days, wise man say “always carry spears” :laughing:

on a scania this is done with the computer at the dealers. afaik it’s illegal to be able to display all the available high beams at once, it’s a serious fault at MOT around here anyway.

milodon:
afaik it’s illegal to be able to display all the available high beams at once, it’s a serious fault at MOT around here anyway.

I don’t think that is true. Last time I trawled through the C&U regs on this one due to a thread about roof mounted spot lamps on a Land Rover forum the answer was that whilst you are only allowed a maximum of two dipped beam headlamps you are allowed as many main beam lamps as you like on the front of your vehicle and they can be positioned anywhere you like as long as they are wired to go off automatically when you dip your lights.

Paul

that’s what I was told at scania. it doesn’t concern the number of spots mounted, but the maximum allowed lighting at once, all the spots on at once would be over the limit

weeto:

Davemiracleman:

weeto:
(so I’m told).

Not exactly sure, our fitter has been fitting them to some of ours, i will ask.
I dont think any wires are swapped over, as the switch is still used to turn the roof lights on or off as it is now, so it will be both or just the bottom ones with relay fitted.
Its about 14 quid, and it replaces the one thats already in for the main beam, no part number yet.

Nice one weeto it would be great if you could have a word with your fitter.
I just cant see why Daf have got it set up this way,if you have all these lights then you are gonna want to use them all.

I spoke to my local Daf dealer yesterday and they seem to think it’s illegal to have both sets of lights working at the same time,so wont help.

Whats the point of having both and only being able to use one at a time■■?

I have 4 roof mounted spots on my Actros have for the last 6 years wired in via main beam (properly by a spark with up rated relay) and has sailed its MoT’s over the years!

Did anyone get an answer or part number for relay, just gone into a 105 and would like to have both top and bottom on at the same time
Thanks

anyone find out what relay is needed for both lights yet■■?

Wouldnt it be easier too go to specsavers? . . .coat on,topped off with a tin hat . at a jaunty angle :smiley:

EASY,dont work while it’s dark. Tell your boss it’s just not right.

flapper:
…wise man say “always carry spears” :laughing:

Why should you carry spears? Are the natives restless in that neck of the woods?

lumpygreenpoo:

flapper:
…wise man say “always carry spears” :laughing:

Why should you carry spears? Are the natives restless in that neck of the woods?

Probably means the authtentic bullfighting type,seen adorning the screen along with a dreamcatcher :sunglasses:

Has anyone sorted this out yet■■?