Typical Truck Driver, driving in London with Jeremy Vine

Apologies for Facebook link, if I find a standard YouTube post, then I’ll link it.

facebook.com/16914557844076 … RW&sfns=mo

Vine is a complete cockwomble, the vast majority of truckers are professional, courteous drivers.
Note how he refers to the rigid as a van, he has no respect for the Cat C1 driver, who may even be a C or C+E holder.
Jeremy Vine makes me cringe.

Thank ■■■■ for DAB radio, now I can listen to Planet Rock more often

Again though. A cyclist used a left turn only lane to go straight on. cyclist knew he was holding up the truck but insisted on staying in front at risk of being overtaken. But was always looking to point a finger at driver.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Obviously the m&s driver wasn’t in a hurry and could see the muppet on a bike wobbling about, not keeping to the left of the road (apart from the left turn lane when he went straight over) and he was stopping just up the road anyway

Arabella:
Vine is a complete cockwomble, the vast majority of truckers are professional, courteous drivers.
Note how he refers to the rigid as a van, he has no respect for the Cat C1 driver, who may even be a C or C+E holder.

Hang on, rigids aren’t vans? :open_mouth:

I didn’t know that was a cause for offending the cat c community.

Arabella:

Arabella if you honestly believe your first sentence you are living in cloud cuckoo land.
I wish I could agree with you but I can’t.

Not sure what he was hoping to achieve in this video.
Most truckers take care in London when driving anyway.
And I do notice his video was filmed in am area devoid of cyclists.
If it was filmed in central london where all the cyclists were be a different .matter.
But am i being cynical he won’t dare film in central London and he will catch all.the suicidal cyclists on his camera jumping red lights weaving down both sides…

As he obviously doesn’t want to report on the bad behaviour of cyclists. But wants the bad truck drivers caught instead.

edd1974:
Not sure what he was hoping to achieve in this video.
Most truckers take care in London when driving anyway.
And I do notice his video was filmed in am area devoid of cyclists.
If it was filmed in central london where all the cyclists were be a different .matter.
But am i being cynical he won’t dare film in central London and he will catch all.the suicidal cyclists on his camera jumping red lights weaving down both sides…

As he obviously doesn’t want to report on the bad behaviour of cyclists. But wants the bad truck drivers caught instead.

It was 06:15 in the morning so still early & Oxford Circus is, IMHO, pretty central to the hell hole called London.

Yes Vine is hardly a friend of lorry drivers but he’s praising not criticising the driver in the clip.

Yeah I don’t get this thread… sounds to me like he’s praising the truck driver?

He’d praise him even more if he seen some of the bays these Gist lads have to get in :laughing:

I do this every. single. day.
Where’s my frikkin medals■■?

Tbh, cyclists, while being a pain sometimes, are not as bad as the pedestrians. The ones who totally ignore the Don’t Cross signals and just walk out anyway, usually on the phone. The ones who step out onto a zebra crossing without looking, and ( I HATE these ■■■■■■■■■ the ones who look, see you coming, step out in front of you, and raise a flappy hand at you as though “Yeah yeah, I saw you but ■■■■ you, you don’t matter, I’m crossing, you better stop”

vine , alistair stewart and the like do untold damage to ordinary folk just going about their lives with their opinionated claptrap. one day i hope to read that the little man has hit back on them, an arson attack on their home or a ■■■■ good kicking late at night . they wouldnt be so vocal and smug from then on