Quick Questions - Win a £50 Amazon voucher discussion

Looks so far like everybody who has an Actros hates it, and nobody expresses a desire to have one.
When you think they make possiblly one of the top 5 marque of cars in the world, where did it go wrong in their truck sector.
There’s a strong message to Mercs there somewhere I reckon. :bulb:

^^^^^^ just the current model though Rob, as you know I drove one the same as yours for a few years and hated the bloody thing. I also drove the previous incarnation for years and the difference was night and day, I’d have that one back in a heartbeat.

Split this from the original thread so you can discuss the draw and it’s deeper darker meanings here instead of the actual draw thread that you were all asked to keep on-topic.

the maoster:
^^^^^^ just the current model though Rob, as you know I drove one the same as yours for a few years and hated the bloody thing. I also drove the previous incarnation for years and the difference was night and day, I’d have that one back in a heartbeat.

Agreed, I tramped in the MP2/3 (on changeover year) and it was a good all rounder, really don’t rate the MP4’s and newer at all though.

An opportunity to…

■■■■■ about Mercs and watch Robroy pay out 50 quid? What’s not to like?

The ride, the ride is the worst bar none. I lift myself out of the seat if I can see a large bump coming. If my memory serves me well, the old Merc A series cab was as smooth as a Bentley. What happened?

Power, Mercs are always the last in the convoy or first if it’s a no overtaking section. Doesn’t matter what the numbers are on the door, my gran could do better in a milk float.

It’s second from bottom of trucks I like to drive. Luckily for Mercedes, Iveco are still the most godawful abomination of a lorry.

I quite liked old Mercs cos they were literally old school, hated the sodding Powerliner box but that now seems like a gem compared to the awful auto thing Merc have been ruining the vehicles with for years now, worse than arsetronic :open_mouth: .

One of my favourite tractor units of all time was an L plate 1727 rest cab, manual gearbox long wheelbase sat on its steel springs, a cracking working lorry that was everything a day (not a true lorry driver then :wink: ) driver could want in a motor, just about the smoothest ride i’ve ever had in a tractor unit and that stands right up to now, pulled like a train at the then 32 tons, good on fuel steered and braked precisely and was simply a pleasure to drive.

Only driven newish 2545’s a few times, thankfully.
Now i’ve driven some dreadful lorries over my time, but even the worse of them you could find something it did well (ok i’ll rule out the 1824 Iveco wagndrag car transporter, that was crap), something you’d be able to compliment the vehicle on, but the few modern MB lorries i’ve had the displeasure to use i can’t find a single positive thing to say about them, and the dealer experience in my area only goes to confirm utter disappointment.

I drive a 2532 rigid and it would seem I’m a bit weird as I like it [emoji848]. Our other options when it’s in for service are Cf’s which I can’t stand, or last week I had an FM for the day which was nice to drive but I’d hate to do nights out in it due to lack of space.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reef:
Split this from the original thread so you can discuss the draw and it’s deeper darker meanings here instead of the actual draw thread that you were all asked to keep on-topic.

That’s it then, the 50 quid must go to me seeing as I inadvertantly created another thread from it. :sunglasses: :smiley:
I’ll go halfers with Maost seeing as he built on it…Away Rikki you know it makes sense. :laughing:

yourhavingalarf:
An opportunity to…

watch Robroy pay out 50 quid? What’s not to like?

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: You’re living up to your name again I see bud eh? :laughing:

I thought more would desire British :open_mouth: :laughing: :wink:

robroy:

yourhavingalarf:
An opportunity to…

watch Robroy pay out 50 quid? What’s not to like?

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: You’re living up to your name again I see bud eh? :laughing:

But…

But but, it’s there in black and white, that’s contract…pay up you old duffer. :smiley:

Used to drive a '16 plate 2545 Merc actros. The styling inside was ok. The drive was disgusting but from what I’ve heard, if the front suspension is converted to air, the ride is a lot better. I would really not like to tramp in an actros as the space inside was really cramped.

I used to drive a '13 plate, space cab, that was excellent, the drive was brilliant, pulled like a train and the space was really good.

I have seen an actros 1, the limited edition petronas model, from what I’ve seen and heard, that is a really nice truck and loads of space. They look really smart as well, they are 630 bhp as well which is supposed to be really strong but I’ve never actually drove one so this is all hearsay.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

The MP4 is the the only truck I’ve driven that is probably worse in every respect than its predecessor. Every other manufacturers new trucks are improvements over their previous models. The radio is worse, the gearbox is worse, the ride and handling is worse, reliability seems worse. Quite how a company like Mercedes have managed that is beyond me. Companies only like them and buy them for their fuel economy. Last place I worked I got a brand new 2545 Bigspace to replace the old Renault Premium. Looked forward to getting the merc as they had been hyped up to be an amazing truck. Once I got it, it didn’t take long for the disappointment to set in and for me to wish I had my old Renault back.
Place I work now had been going down the merc route but have fortunately seen sense. All merc orders were apparently cancelled and an order placed with scania for 205 trucks to be delivered from now till 2020. Drove one of our new next gen G450s the other day and it’s not a bad truck at all. Definitely an improvement over our old G450s which are decent trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they’re supposed to be economical, but i suspect if you could stand the frustration of staying behind one of the sods around all day with an equal weighted motor of any of the competition, crawling up hills at Gardner 180 rate, i doubt there would be any difference in the fuel used…there’d some difference in your appearance mind cos you’d have pulled all your bloody hair out before needing a 15.

I actually don’t mind them,the ride isn’t great but the basic cab design is easy to work with,I was using one for a while and the fifth wheel was set too far back once moved forward a couple of clicks it rode a lot better…
I am easily pleased though I like the iveco ride on the hi-way cab and the man tga cab…
The Scania next gen G450 seats are awful,I would definitely take a actros over one…

Just wondering if anyone won the now locked thread ?

Punchy Dan:
Just wondering if anyone won the now locked thread ?

Seems like an awful lot of £50 Amazon vouchers up for offer lately.

Did Jeff Bezos get mugged outside a pub or something…?

Also, why no result to Trucknet competition? Was it an April fool…?

Shame on you Rikki & Co, result should’ve been out long before now.

the winner will be announced SOON ™ :slight_smile:
I have been away from my desk on another project for most of this week - but have sent a reminder to the person at DVV who requested the poll

The winner of the draw is mkb600
Your prize will be posted to you soon

Good luck to the lad winning his 50 quid…but

Just read the winning entry, was it judged on content, or just drawn out of a hat or what? :neutral_face: