Truckers truckers meet?

Just a thought I had while interacting with everyone on here. Are there ever “trucker meets”? Where some of us get together and put faces to names etc.

Jasesonix:
Just a thought I had while interacting with everyone on here. Are there ever “trucker meets”? Where some of us get together and put faces to names etc.

They’re called truck shows.

You mean a TruckNet uk meet up?

If there is, out of everyone on here the 2 that I most want to turn up that I want to put a face to a name are 100% dozy, and also robroy. :laughing:

In some cases it’ll be putting several names to one face.

Yeh I was looking at truck shows. The truckfests look good. Anyone here go to them? Or any others that are recommended?

When I first got a computer and accessed the internet many many years ago I used to go into AOL chat rooms. Some rooms would organise a meet up somewhere over a weekend. Ended up in Blackpool one year and made a couple of friends from it. Not that Im looking for friends this time round lol.

Jasesonix:
Yeh I was looking at truck shows. The truckfests look good. Anyone here go to them? Or any others that are recommended?

When I first got a computer and accessed the internet many many years ago I used to go into AOL chat rooms. Some rooms would organise a meet up somewhere over a weekend. Ended up in Blackpool one year and made a couple of friends from it. Not that Im looking for friends this time round lol.

Are you looking for romance now instead?

toonsy:

Jasesonix:

Are you looking for romance now instead?

If I was looking for romance id have trained as a masseuse not a hgv driver lol

DickyNick:

If there is, out of everyone on here the 2 that I most want to turn up that I want to put a face to a name are 100% dozy, and also robroy. :laughing:

Not sure if I’m flattered or worried mate tbh :open_mouth: :smiley: …(or maybe even slightly offended if you put me in the same group as our mate doze. :laughing:)
I’ve met about 4 lads on here, and in touch by e.mail with a couple more, they’ll tell you how butch, cool, handsome…and modest I am. :smiley: :laughing:

There used to be the annual forum Xmas party but due to various reasons it stopped happening

Cheaper to wander around any MSA truck park, if you can tolerate the smell …

robroy:

DickyNick:

Not sure if I’m flattered or worried mate tbh :open_mouth: :smiley: …(or maybe even slightly offended if you put me in the same group as our mate doze. :laughing:)
I’ve met about 4 lads on here, and in touch by e.mail with a couple more, they’ll tell you how butch, cool, handsome…and modest I am. :smiley: :laughing:

Haha no I’m not putting you in the same category as dozy. Just 2 TNUK characters i wouldn’t mind putting a face to given the chance :laughing: :laughing:

Unless you are the same person under 2 different user names? Who knows…

I reckon I’d like to meet Mr Conor, the way he puts everybody down as being an inferior idiot in his own inimitable way (including me on a couple of occasions :laughing: ) I’d be interested to see if his confidence befitted his stature.
He has got to be built like a cross between John Wayne and Stallone and the rugged looks of Brad Pitt…although I suspect not. :wink: :smiley:

I’d also love to meet a couple of my ‘‘Trucknet enemies’’ :smiley: …, not to be as childish as to confuse a forum with real life, and look for a bit of agg you understand :unamused: , but just to show them what an unbelievably lovely, friendly amicable (and again modest :smiley: ) guy I really am. :sunglasses: and not an arrogant arse…honest guv :laughing: :laughing:

DickyNick:

Ive not seen Dozy post for sometime now, does anyone know whats going on? The big green machine keeping him busy or something happen and i miss it■■? :bulb: :arrow_right:

tommymanc:

DickyNick:

Ive not seen Dozy post for sometime now, does anyone know whats going on? The big green machine keeping him busy or something happen and i miss it■■? :bulb: :arrow_right:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=159443

He’s still on, but you won’t recognise him…something about him wearing a tupe now. :laughing:

robroy:

tommymanc:

DickyNick:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=159443

He’s still on, but you won’t recognise him…something about him wearing a tupe now. :laughing:

Good on him. He has taken a picture of his little woody for us all too…

Talking of ■■■■■■■, Larf’s black cat thread wasn’t what I was hoping for.

Interesting idea. Did this once before on a Car forum ( when I owned a BMW).

It was a good laugh actually.

did it once when he owned a BMW, they never asked you back then

I take the old motor to a few vintage shows, and meet up with some old guys that used to sail out of Poole once a month for a dinner time meal and a few drinks, most did Spain and Portugal where as we did mainly Italy and above, they rave about the old days in volvos, scanias and transcons, whilst we floated around in magnums no comparison really, but always good for a laugh,

I’ve been checking out the shows, truckfests etc. I’d love to see the old vintage trucks and modern and or customised ones too. Never been able to go to these shows because in my soon to be past career I’ve worked every weekend. Now ive got a mon-frid job I can start buying tickets. It’d be great to chat to some old timers as Well as current truckers. When I’ve got a ticket I’ll let you all know.

hotel magnum:
did it once when he owned a BMW, they never asked you back then

It was organised in the UK over a long weekend (2009 in Manchester). I live in Belgium.The BMW is also long gone.
Quite far for a forum meet up.
Still have contact with a lot of them still.