Any work around South Wales

Hello

Been looking now for a couple of weeks i live in the Swansea area ,i can travel for the right job,i have a clean class one license experience in bulk tippers,containers,cement tankers ect.

If you lads can point me in the rights direction i would appreciate it,

Thanks

When I passed my tests I picked up a yellow pages and rung all the local haulage firms in the area. I got as far as T on class two and was offered a job doing general curtansider stuff.

Passed class one . Got as far as C and two days later I was driving to the south of France. Sometimes it’s best just to use a bit of initiative pick up the phone and ring round.

joe royal:
When I passed my tests I picked up a yellow pages and rung all the local haulage firms in the area. I got as far as T on class two and was offered a job doing general curtansider stuff.

Passed class one . Got as far as C and two days later I was driving to the south of France. Sometimes it’s best just to use a bit of initiative pick up the phone and ring round.

Hi

I have already phoned the local firms and nothing is doing…so i thought someone on trucknet might have a lead,

Thanks Anyway

Have you tried jrt.co.uk/ ?

How far would you travel?
If day work only it’s one thing, but if prepared to do night’s out, farther? Bristol once a week commute for a tramping job? Or local work only?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Irishtrucker66:
Have you tried jrt.co.uk/ ?

Thank Irishtrucker66 already phone Nolan’s waiting for them to get back intouch…

Franglais:
How far would you travel?
If day work only it’s one thing, but if prepared to do night’s out, farther? Bristol once a week commute for a tramping job? Or local work only?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Hi Franglais

I have sent you a pm.

Cheers

It depends what you’re looking for.
Day work in the Swansea area is not great, and not well paid. Distance work/tramping is available, but again at the lowest end of the pays cake.
For better wages you need to look at Newport and beyond to Avonmouth.
Newport has all the main players competing for drivers, and has Avonmouth only half an hour away. And from next week the bridges are free…
Newport and Chepstow have plenty of tramping options, including jobs to max your hours, or shift work or 4on -4off.

Have you worked on the roads around South Wales over the past few years mate?
Think about what companies trucks you have seen regularly around you. Decent kit, lots of trucks seen on the road or at delivery points indicating being busy? Then walk in on Monday morning as face to face always wins, and you never know as its right place, right time.

It will be interesting to see what effect there is on pay rates in South Wales and in the Avonmouth area when the Severn Bridge tolls are scrapped, as these must have been a disincentive to cross-border commuting.

Harry Monk:
It will be interesting to see what effect there is on pay rates in South Wales and in the Avonmouth area when the Severn Bridge tolls are scrapped, as these must have been a disincentive to cross-border commuting.

Not sure if its tolls being lifted and supply and demand . . . but over the past few months i’ve seen a few lower paying jobs around Avonmouth. Its like they expect more Welsh drivers so can pay less due to being more candidates??

As for the South Wales pay? So far i’ve seen no changes.

I had some issues at my work but had a one2one chat to smooth them out as a temporary fix. Using them to gain my experience on class 1 really. Now had it 3 months so always got my eye on Newport or Avonmouth jobs