Jobs south wales

I’m still struggling to find anything full time. Anyone know or heard of any permanent C+E work going in south Wales. I’m in Treforest, mid Glamorgan.

I’ve got a little one at home so I wouldn’t really ‘like’ to be tramping 5 nights a week. That doesn’t mean I’d write off a tramping job though I’d still apply and take the job if offered.

Ideal work would be UK C+E with 1 to 3 nights out a week. I’ve just got standard licence no HIAB/ADR etc. I also only have limited experience on C+E. I’ve literally only done about 4 days C+E work so far, the rest has been on rigids.

Anything anyone knows of would be really helpful as I seriously need work ASAP!

Have you tried Gerry Jones or John Raymonds?

Hicks were looking a couple of weeks ago, could be worth a try

I’ve tried John Raymond and Hicks.

I’ve not tried Gerry Jones I’ll get on that tomorrow. Any other suggestions are greatly welcomed :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

orange box @penalta
TWT logistics
S&K uk tramping Barry Dox
BRT Cardiff Dox
FSEW
Conway Bailly out of the Merthyr Meat packers
Hicks Newport or Caldicot
Bridgetime @ Cwmbran
Birds
Blue or wild Water Cardiff Dox
its too late now to think of any others

D & A I think the media people on Cardiff dock, also R Jones are on the dock.

LR18-8:
I’m still struggling to find anything full time. Anyone know or heard of any permanent C+E work going in south Wales. I’m in Treforest, mid Glamorgan.

I’ve got a little one at home so I wouldn’t really ‘like’ to be tramping 5 nights a week. That doesn’t mean I’d write off a tramping job though I’d still apply and take the job if offered.

Ideal work would be UK C+E with 1 to 3 nights out a week. I’ve just got standard licence no HIAB/ADR etc. I also only have limited experience on C+E. I’ve literally only done about 4 days C+E work so far, the rest has been on rigids.

Anything anyone knows of would be really helpful as I seriously need work ASAP!

at Driver Vacancy is a Post about South Wales

S&K Haulage Glamorgan Ltd

C+E LGV/ HGV Lorry Driver

S&K has the following positions available,

C+E LGV / HGV LORRY DRIVER, Vehicles based from South Wales, INTERNATIONAL WORK FROM ALL OVER THE UK TO ALL ACROSS EUROPE, INTERNATIONAL OPERATIONS ARE 2/3 WEEKS AWAY,
or
UK OPERATIONS ARE 3/4 NIGHTS OUT PER WEEK, TRAMPING ACCROSS THE UK
or
BENELUX drivers for 4/5 nights out per week, tramping across near Europe all week but home on weekend.

CANDIDATES SHOULD HOLD C+E HGV LICENSE, IDEALLY 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE WITHIN THE ROAD HAULAGE INDUSTRy.

Date: 18 January 2012
City/Town: Barry
Wage/Salary: £15K - £37 including bonuses & Night Out Allowances
Start: asap
Duration: contract
Type: Full Time
How to apply: phone, fax or send your CV to ■■@xxxxxxxxx.■■■
Company: S&K Haulage Glamorgan Ltd
Phone: 01446 422100
Fax: 01446 422102
Email:

malcolmj:
orange box @penalta
TWT logistics
S&K uk tramping Barry Dox
BRT Cardiff Dox
FSEW
Conway Bailly out of the Merthyr Meat packers
Hicks Newport or Caldicot
Bridgetime @ Cwmbran
Birds
Blue or wild Water Cardiff Dox
its too late now to think of any others

Birds? As in the Oldbury, West Mids firm?

kjw21:

That’ll be C.J Bird in Tonyrefail. No idea what they’re like to work for but they have some very nice kit.

01443 670255

Ah yeah, of course - must have had a blank moment.

gnasty gnome:

kjw21:

That’ll be C.J Bird in Tonyrefail. No idea what they’re like to work for but they have some very nice kit.

01443 670255

DaiDap on here works for them…

then you got Rhys Davies just down the road from you,
Zenith @ chepstow couple of nights out then worth the travel
All the parcel carriers scattered every where
K&N drinksTrefroest
Owens

theres a few more to be going on with, still think Gerry might be youre best bet thou
good luck let us know how you get on :laughing:

Reason I suggested Gerry Jones is he uses a fair few rigids as well as artics. With you having experience of that, and also having C+E, might be a foot in the door.

gnasty gnome:
Reason I suggested Gerry Jones is he uses a fair few rigids as well as artics. With you having experience of that, and also having C+E, might be a foot in the door.

He does the pallet network stuff so do hicks worth a shout.

owens run rigids from their bridgend yard,might be worth a try.

jormoja:
owens run rigids from their bridgend yard,might be worth a try.

I wouldn’t bust my ■■■ to ring them. They laid 50 drivers off just before Christmas, and I’m given to understand that they’re currently being run by the bank.

If wages are as good as they were when I was working for them, you’d be better off on benefits if you’ve got kids.

Have you tried Rhys Davies, just down the road from Treforest.

The only other option would be the dreaded agency, A.D.R seen to have quite a few drivers in Tesco (Magor and Avonmouth) I had a stint with Owens at the Newport depot the work was O.K and the kit was quite good but the money was quite poor.

Do what me and dozens of other drivers from South East Wales have done, get a Motorcycle (free on the bridge) and try and get a start in Avonmouth.
The thieving criminals who own the bridges and the recession have ripped the heart out of transport in the region, you will be extremely lucky to find decent work that pays reasonable wages in the area.

Thanks for all the info,

I’ll go through the list tomorrow and get out to all the ones I haven’t been to.

cheers again all, I’m just about to move into a new place my car’s tax and insurance is up next month plus the exhaust is falling off lol. Need full time work as soon as :stuck_out_tongue:

If you still looking jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/detailj … =CWM/35591

mike68:
Do what me and dozens of other drivers from South East Wales have done, get a Motorcycle (free on the bridge) and try and get a start in Avonmouth.
The thieving criminals who own the bridges and the recession have ripped the heart out of transport in the region, you will be extremely lucky to find decent work that pays reasonable wages in the area.

What Mike says, only reasonable option is over the bridge.

Other than that keep on banging the agencies.

My advice would be to get out of this game for a few years, or pack you’re bags and move somewhere where you might have a chance of a liveable wage, otherwise you’re going to struggle unless you know someone or get very lucky.

Folk around here are prepared to work max hours, often 5 nights out, for less than £400 take home. If you can afford to undercut that you might get taken on :unamused:

One option, depending on your circumstances, wife/kids/mortgage etc is to try and find a day job with minimal hours and top up with tax credits.