Jobs south wales

I’ve got a mrs and a 2 year old baby, I know that moving away is 120% off the cards lol.

I do know of a driver who was working full time, most prob max hours with at least 3 days out a week and he was taking home £350 per week. I thought that was just because the firm he worked for paid ■■■■. Seems that wasn’t just his company from what was posted in this thread :frowning:

art84:
If you still looking jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/detailj … =CWM/35591

Was that a link to a job advert? because its just showing the search parameters for me.

try downtons at magor days/nights trunk work odd night out ? :unamused:

How about greggs their close to you

Immigrant:

LR18-8:
I’m still struggling to find anything full time. Anyone know or heard of any permanent C+E work going in south Wales. I’m in Treforest, mid Glamorgan.

I’ve got a little one at home so I wouldn’t really ‘like’ to be tramping 5 nights a week. That doesn’t mean I’d write off a tramping job though I’d still apply and take the job if offered.

Ideal work would be UK C+E with 1 to 3 nights out a week. I’ve just got standard licence no HIAB/ADR etc. I also only have limited experience on C+E. I’ve literally only done about 4 days C+E work so far, the rest has been on rigids.

Anything anyone knows of would be really helpful as I seriously need work ASAP!

at Driver Vacancy is a Post about South Wales

S&K Haulage Glamorgan Ltd

C+E LGV/ HGV Lorry Driver

S&K has the following positions available,

C+E LGV / HGV LORRY DRIVER, Vehicles based from South Wales, INTERNATIONAL WORK FROM ALL OVER THE UK TO ALL ACROSS EUROPE, INTERNATIONAL OPERATIONS ARE 2/3 WEEKS AWAY,
or
UK OPERATIONS ARE 3/4 NIGHTS OUT PER WEEK, TRAMPING ACCROSS THE UK
or
BENELUX drivers for 4/5 nights out per week, tramping across near Europe all week but home on weekend.

CANDIDATES SHOULD HOLD C+E HGV LICENSE, IDEALLY 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE WITHIN THE ROAD HAULAGE INDUSTRy.

Date: 18 January 2012
City/Town: Barry
Wage/Salary: £15K - £37 including bonuses & Night Out Allowances
Start: asap
Duration: contract
Type: Full Time
How to apply: phone, fax or send your CV to ■■@xxxxxxxxx.■■■
Company: S&K Haulage Glamorgan Ltd
Phone: 01446 422100
Fax: 01446 422102
Email:

Thats a big difference!! It would also need to be some tidy bonus to bump that 15k up to something worth while!! I was earning a bit more than that in '84 driving a puddle jumper…are some wages really that crap? 5 nights out every week at £22ish and allowing for 4wks holiday would give you another 5ish grand p/a on top…better than naff all i guess if you got family. And our office cleaner is paid £8.50/hr and she only works 7-12 5 days/wk

Actrosman:
I was earning a bit more than that in '84 driving a puddle jumper…are some wages really that crap?

They are down here. Six years ago I was with Owens, Llanelli; £60 per day Mon-Fri, £40 for Saturday, and holiday was paid at £40 per day. Only way you could make it pay was to do 4 nights out per week.

That was on a rigid, mostly HIAB work.

I don’t think wages there are much better now.

gnasty gnome:

Actrosman:
I was earning a bit more than that in '84 driving a puddle jumper…are some wages really that crap?

They are down here. Six years ago I was with Owens, Llanelli; £60 per day Mon-Fri, £40 for Saturday, and holiday was paid at £40 per day. Only way you could make it pay was to do 4 nights out per week.

Not really, 4 0n 4 off @ £270 a week net, that was at the start of 2010.

gnasty gnome:

Actrosman:

Not really, 4 0n 4 off @ £270 a week net, that was at the start of 2010.

They wrestled work from DownHillLogistics, and that takes some doing!!!

Doh double post sorry!!!

malcolmj:
then you got Rhys Davies just down the road from you,
Zenith @ chepstow couple of nights out then worth the travel
All the parcel carriers scattered every where
K&N drinksTrefroest
Owens

theres a few more to be going on with, still think Gerry might be youre best bet thou
good luck let us know how you get on :laughing:

Careful with Zenith at Chepstow - gone under and instantly reborn several times (phoenix companies), low wages long hours, move their yards reqularly

Hi my husband has just started working for S and K do they only take on permanent drivers or do they do three weeks on and three weeks off, we live abroad so it would help to know what are they like as a company what is the pay rate
and they wont let you contact their phones any help would be appreciated

stones:
Hi my husband has just started working for S and K do they only take on permanent drivers or do they do three weeks on and three weeks off, we live abroad so it would help to know what are they like as a company what is the pay rate
and they wont let you contact their phones any help would be appreciated

Looking at your post here, it looks like you’ve dome some more research.
It won’t be 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off. More likely 3 weeks on, a long weekend home then 3 weeks away again.
Pay scales are all relative to where you live. If you live near Barry, then S&Ks wages would probably be ok. If you live in London, they’ll be rubbish.
You say you live abroad, which country and if you want to say, near which city ?
I don’t recommend posting your address, I just want an idea of where you live.
If you live in an area they cover it might be possible for them to weekend him at home, with the truck. Weekends home is the usual time for truck maintenance though, so that might not be possible.

As far as I know, the company is ok to work for. They don’t have brand new equipment apparently. They prefer to buy pre-used equipment, however there maintenance is good.
They won’t give out phone numbers for their trucks to anyone phoning up and asking for a number. How do they know you are who you say you are?

‘S&K wages Ok’ ?!
:laughing:

Do a search on them, I don’t think they’re good :confused: