Really simple drivers hours question

Bit embarrassed about clarifying this but…

I’ve worked this week. Started 4am Monday and will be done by 12pm today latest. I’m off then until whatever time Tuesday morning - say 4am as that’s the earliest I’d start - so that gives me 64hrs off.

I’ve also been asked to work next Saturday. Will be about the same sort of time with a 12pm finish. Can I do it?

The 64hrs will count as rest for this week and if I work next Saturday that would be 5 x 24hr periods because I’m off Monday but it will be a reduced weekly rest? Am I right? I’m fairly certain but I’d rather gather more opinion…

Yes you can work next Saturday.

The 64 hours of rest you will be having this weekend could be used as a full weekly rest for either this week OR next, but not both so whether you will have had a reduced weekly rest depends on what you have done before and after the dates provided.

As said - OK to work next Saturday and have a reduced weekly rest :smiley:

Cheers chaps. Thought so. I’ve not reduced for a few weeks now so all clear on that score.

On a sidenote I got into work this morning to find my artic run to Amazon cancelled and got asked to do… class two pallet drops :open_mouth:

I said “for class one rates?” to which they said yes so I said give me the keys :laughing:

Keeps me grounded I guess. Four house drops all within three miles of each other.