JLR

He said that if poor UK productivity worsened after Brexit, he would be forced to move manufacturing to somewhere such as Poland, where it was cheaper to make cars.
Said the chairman of JLR

O dear

Well we’ve not left and larger manufacturers, Toyota, Nissan and PSA group have all said they’re staying.

Conor:
Well we’ve not left and larger manufacturers, Toyota, Nissan and PSA group have all said they’re staying.

Nissan said they would stay after talks with Mrs May didn’t they?
If she made promises in those talks, that she can’t deliver…
Surely all companies will be looking closely at what happens next.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Ellesmere Port (Vauxhall) will be closed down within in two years, its not a viable operation anymore, production costs are too high

JLR have already moved production to Slovakia for several models.
Nowt to do with brexit, they are just using it as a convenient excuse to use cheap labour.

When selling cars at 80-100k a pop, you’d think they could afford to hire skilled labour here, but no, they’d rather make more profit and use cheap Eastern European labour.

I’m and ardent LR fan and currently own 2 LR products, but they have completely lost the plot with thier design, pricing and model lineup… they can go swivel for all I care now.

Maybe Eastern European labour works harder

SHYTOT:

Yeah course they do.After all us brits are all lazy ■■■■■■■■■

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not all

SHYTOT:

They may or may not work harder - but they certainly work more cheaply. Minimum wage in Slovakia is 2.76 Euro per hour - 480 Euro per month for a worker doing 40 hours a week.

SHYTOT:
Ellesmere Port (Vauxhall) will be closed down within in two years, its not a viable operation anymore production costs are too high

Form what I understand Ellesmere Ports has been living on borrowed time for years and PSA taking over General Motors European operation meant massive over capacity in the group with inevitable plant closures across Europe.

in my experience people generally work hard if the can see the rewards for their labour, ie eastern Europeans been paid 4 times in the uk what they would earn in their home country. put a uk driver in any other country in the world and pay him 4 times what he could earn in the uk and I bet he will loved by his boss and not called lazy. it is not british workers that create poor productivity but poor managers. how many off you today have had too wait hours to unload because some brain dead manager has not organised enough staff too unload you. keep staffing levels to a bare minimum may look good on a balance sheet but creates hold up’s and a overworked over stressed workforce.

109LWB:
Nowt to do with brexit, they are just using it as a convenient excuse to use cheap labour.

When selling cars at 80-100k a pop, you’d think they could afford to hire skilled labour here, but no, they’d rather make more profit and use cheap Eastern European labour.

I’m and ardent LR fan and currently own 2 LR products, but they have completely lost the plot with thier design, pricing and model lineup… they can go swivel for all I care now.

They’ve been caught out big time by the current hatred of diesel, that’s hitting them hard, along with the issues of their own engines, with DPF and oil dilution issues causing them to have the engine oil changed at 5000 miles, the SDV6 supplied by Ford suffering with crank failures at an alarming rate cost in the region of 16k for a replacement engine fitted at the dealer and their own used car warranty is refusing to cover as they say it is a known fault yet LR just bury their heads in the sand.
I’m currently on my fifth a final LR, they just make a run of the mill Euro box that is now way overpriced.

Washwipe:

109LWB:

They’ve been caught out big time by the current hatred of diesel, that’s hitting them hard, along with the issues of their own engines, with DPF and oil dilution issues causing them to have the engine oil changed at 5000 miles, the SDV6 supplied by Ford suffering with crank failures at an alarming rate cost in the region of 16k for a replacement engine fitted at the dealer and their own used car warranty is refusing to cover as they say it is a known fault yet LR just bury their heads in the sand.
I’m currently on my fifth a final LR, they just make a run of the mill Euro box that is now way overpriced.

A guy in my club is on his 3rd engine, and the crank has just gone again! Fully serviced by a LR dealer with LR parts. First 2 engines were done by LR under warranty, 3rd he paid for himself, Whether he goes for number 4 or not is undecided yet.

Not to mention the tdv6 eating oil pumps Which leads to engine failure due to faulty casting on the casing. LR deny all knowledge, yet strangely they updated the design to include a stronger casting…
Oh and the td5 eating oil pumps due to a crap design with a single bolt holding the chain on that isn’t threadlocked.

109LWB:

Wrong, they haven’t even built a car yet. The Discovery was meant to be moved over this month but thats been pushed back until january and they will still be building some at solihull even then. No other models are/have been moved to Slovakia but they’ll probably take a few of the cheaper models. The jaguar E pace built in Austria a prime example…

lots of agency lads were told their contracts expired this month only to have the extended this week indefinitely so there are no plans to rush into anything just yet.

Washwipe:

I wouldn’t say they’ve been hit hard at all to be honest, sales are still steady world wide and production lines are still running full hammer. Compared to other manufacturers having to pull cars from production completely for the european market due to regulation changes e,g audi SQ5, any custom Porsche, BMW canning the current M3 in May.

Mmmmmm

expressandstar.com/news/bus … -in-a-row/

Washwipe:
Mmmmmm

expressandstar.com/news/bus … -in-a-row/

Dated April…

this is the latest.

expressandstar.com/news/bus … in-august/

China sales dipped because of an import duty change from 25% on cars/car components to 15%, they’re expected to rise again even stronger because of the cheaper duty charge.

Yeah and good look JLR .Do a bit of research ,The place is and has been losing cash for years .He is using this as an excuse after all the grants hes had…

Beetlejuice:
Yeah and good look JLR .Do a bit of research ,The place is and has been losing cash for years .He is using this as an excuse after all the grants hes had…

And yet they’ve invested billions (50 to be exact) in UK plants over the last 5 years, doubled its workforce and output and confirmed Solihull as the lead plant for the new platform all current and future JLR models will be based on.

Providing Brexit goes well there will be another 80 billion being invested over the next 5 years.

I don’t need to do any research, I and most of my family work for JLR at various levels. :laughing:

maga:

Beetlejuice:

And yet they’ve invested billions (50 to be exact) in UK plants over the last 5 years, doubled its workforce and output and confirmed Solihull as the lead plant for the new platform all current and future JLR models will be based on.

Providing Brexit goes well there will be another 80 billion being invested over the next 5 years.

I don’t need to do any research, I and most of my family work for JLR at various levels. [emoji38]

Nothing to argue with there.
They started the expansion and investment before all this Brexit fuss started.
They have said another £80b IF Brexit goes well. I hope it does go well.

If Brexit goes badly?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk