JLR

Basket case:
in my experience people generally work hard if the can see the rewards for their labour, ie eastern Europeans been paid 4 times in the uk what they would earn in their home country. put a uk driver in any other country in the world and pay him 4 times what he could earn in the uk and I bet he will loved by his boss and not called lazy. it is not british workers that create poor productivity but poor managers. how many off you today have had too wait hours to unload because some brain dead manager has not organised enough staff too unload you. keep staffing levels to a bare minimum may look good on a balance sheet but creates hold up’s and a overworked over stressed workforce.

What a post. Best i,ve seen on here. You have hit the nail squarely on the head there mate.

maga:

109LWB:
JLR have already moved production to Slovakia for several models.
Nowt to do with brexit, they are just using it as a convenient excuse to use cheap labour.

When selling cars at 80-100k a pop, you’d think they could afford to hire skilled labour here, but no, they’d rather make more profit and use cheap Eastern European labour.

I’m and ardent LR fan and currently own 2 LR products, but they have completely lost the plot with thier design, pricing and model lineup… they can go swivel for all I care now.

Wrong, they haven’t even built a car yet. The Discovery was meant to be moved over this month but thats been pushed back until january and they will still be building some at solihull even then. No other models are/have been moved to Slovakia but they’ll probably take a few of the cheaper models. The jaguar E pace built in Austria a prime example…

lots of agency lads were told their contracts expired this month only to have the extended this week indefinitely so there are no plans to rush into anything just yet.

Washwipe:
They’ve been caught out big time by the current hatred of diesel, that’s hitting them hard, along with the issues of their own engines, with DPF and oil dilution issues causing them to have the engine oil changed at 5000 miles, the SDV6 supplied by Ford suffering with crank failures at an alarming rate cost in the region of 16k for a replacement engine fitted at the dealer and their own used car warranty is refusing to cover as they say it is a known fault yet LR just bury their heads in the sand.
I’m currently on my fifth a final LR, they just make a run of the mill Euro box that is now way overpriced.

I wouldn’t say they’ve been hit hard at all to be honest, sales are still steady world wide and production lines are still running full hammer. Compared to other manufacturers having to pull cars from production completely for the european market due to regulation changes e,g audi SQ5, any custom Porsche, BMW canning the current M3 in May.

And now a three day week.

itv.com/news/central/2018-09 … -day-week/

Maga if you and your family WORK at JLR your the only ones that do