Truckers Sat Nav

Anyone got one of these how do they compare to normal sat navs?

Do they do what they claim take you to HGV parking zones and avoid narrow roads where HGV are unsuitable?

Not really they just guild you, :unamused: the rest is up to you

Can’t help with the sat nav but a pair of eyes and a bit of savvy goes along away in my opinion. A truckers atlas is a good investment though

I have said it a thousand times …. Don’t waste your money on a truck sat nav FFS, Your smartphone has navigation on it and actually you can download an app for truck navigation free of charge.

Pat Hasler:
IYour smartphone has navigation on it and actually you can download an app for truck navigation free of charge.

which app?

Going against the grain here but although I don’t rely on it I do have a TomTom truck satnav and find it’s actually pretty good with routing appropriate to the vehicle.

Pat Hasler:
I have said it a thousand times …. Don’t waste your money on a truck sat nav FFS, Your smartphone has navigation on it and actually you can download an app for truck navigation free of charge.

i haven’t even got a Smartphone,Pat :astonished:
i just get by with a normal satnav,a Truckers Atlas…and common sense (mostly! :laughing: )

Smartphones get screen burn running a satnav app for hours unless you have a really old or a cheap phone with a s*** screen.

I’ve got TomTom pro 8275 I find it very good and I link it to my phone for trafic updates I’ve tried using cheap satnavs from eBay and that caused more problems with narrow road and low bridges

Get tomtoms flagship trucker model with lifetime traffic and updates.

The traffic is very very good.

Pat Hasler:
I have said it a thousand times ….

Then perhaps you should stop repeating yourself?

Yes you love Google maps (IN THE U.S.) we get it, but you need to accept and get over the fact that other people like/prefer Trucker satnavs.

SuperMultiBlue:
tomtoms trucker model

^^This.

Pat Hasler:

Next you’ll be saying Co-pilot.

Well I can’t go on about Aponia any more, apparently they’ve fallen off the edge of the planet, website is dead and peoples keys aren’t activating re-downloads (like when you buy a new phone for example), but there’s no way on earth I’d pay £9 a month for a phone app so I’ll stick with my ultra reliable TomTom 6200 thanks.

These are good

51F25qwDbjL.SL500_AC_SS350.jpg

malcolmgbell:
These are good

Think I seen one of these on the dashboard of a truck the other day. Just below a dream catcher…

SuperMultiBlue:
Get tomtoms flagship trucker model with lifetime traffic and updates.

Have to agree with this^^^^^^

mrdj:
Smartphones get screen burn running a satnav app for hours unless you have a really old or a cheap phone with a s*** screen.

Yea. Sat Nav software heats up phones fast.

Wayteq (Hungarian I think?!) make really durable Android Sat Navs.
So you can download truck apps and Google maps etc.
I’ve been using the same one for 3 years.
Still a solid device.

They come with a colourful blocky menu, and pre loaded Truck NAV software
But if your familiar with android you can customise it like any other android device… Like I have done

Slightly cheaper option than others… Normally a handy backup. Nothing beats straight forward road knowledge

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Megan Fox I do believe [emoji110][emoji97]

I’m currently wrestling with the decision to buy a 6200. I am currently working with copilot for distance and google maps for the last mile or so. I agree that screen burn is an issue, but do I really need the sat nav on for 3 hours while I travel 150 miles up the motorway? I just press the power button, save my battery and data too. The voice guidance still works in the background, it chimes in with “take the next exit “ when I’m there.

As luck would have it, I don’t have to drive often and it will be a trunk run if I do, I already know the way so I don’t need a sat nav

You can set it to night mode too, which lessens screen burn