Truckers Sat Nav

TheNewBoy:
Megan Fox I do believe [emoji110][emoji97]

:slight_smile: one for the w*nk bank

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

I have a TomTom trucker 6000 with lifetime live traffic. I do a lot of central London and this device although expensive is worth every penny. It has saved me hours rerouting me around traffic delays.

Regarding tight roads, this device is actually very conservative on its routing and will stick to wide/main roads for as long as possibleā€¦even if there is a shorter and quicker route that involves narrower roads. I know many rat-runs that are doable in an artic but TomTom will avoid these rat-runs if there is a main road running alongside.

I used to be very old skool regarding satnavs and used to bleat on about ā€œreal truckers dont need satnavs blah blah blahā€ but these are an invaluable tool for the modern day driver who considers it as a asset if used correctly.

I bought a 60 quid one off ebay a few years ago, didnā€™t even have a brand name and I was really impressed with it until I went into the settings and noticed itā€™s map was from 2009 and this would have been in 2015. I couldnā€™t update the map because of the lack of brand name. I used it in conjunction with a Philips Trucker atlas (very good) and google maps satellite view but the 2009 software thing bothered me so I splashed out on a Garmin Dezl with free lifetime updates and find it excellent. Still donā€™t trust Sat-Navs so when it once suggested an alternative route off the M5 due to congestion ahead I ignored it in case it took me through the centre of Birmingham, then less than 10 mins later got stuck in stationary traffic for over an hour so wished Iā€™d listened to the ā– ā– ā– ā–  thing.

LowRange:
when it once suggested an alternative route off the M5 due to congestion ahead I ignored it in case it took me through the centre of Birmingham, then less than 10 mins later got stuck in stationary traffic for over an hour so wished Iā€™d listened to the ā– ā– ā– ā–  thing.

Off the top of my head there has been three occasions where Iā€™ve ignored my TT6200ā€™s recommended alternative due to deciding to follow diversion route signs or it trying to take me a different route out from a delivery to the way I just went in, and all three times I wished Iā€™d just followed the bloody things advice.

Reef:

LowRange:
when it once suggested an alternative route off the M5 due to congestion ahead I ignored it in case it took me through the centre of Birmingham, then less than 10 mins later got stuck in stationary traffic for over an hour so wished Iā€™d listened to the ā– ā– ā– ā–  thing.

Off the top of my head there has been three occasions where Iā€™ve ignored my TT6200ā€™s recommended alternative due to deciding to follow diversion route signs or it trying to take me a different route out from a delivery to the way I just went in, and all three times I wished Iā€™d just followed the bloody things advice.

Yep same but itā€™s not such an easy decision in an artic even though you know itā€™s never let you down thereā€™s still the element of distrust.

However Iā€™ve just had a weekend away on the south coast and on car settings in an actual car everything was fair game so I went for it and it saved me no end of time following itā€™s alternative routes lol

My tuppence worth or Ā£40.00 to be more exact is, go on Ebay and buy an Xgody they work fine in conjunction with common sense. No sat nav has ever taken any driver any where.