Sat navs

What are your thoughts and experience of HGV specifc sat navs (both hardware and apps)

Which do you find best, and kept up to date for changes in such things as weight, height and width restrictions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will have some saying you must buy a truckers atlas and navigate using the stars and moonlight :unamused:

I’ve got a Tom Tom 6250 I think. It’s HGV specific, hasn’t been wrong on heights yet and has got me around many city centres in the UK and Europe.

However its not an excuse to drive around with your eyes closed and you still need to be aware regardless if what any satnav or app may say.

They are expensive but may give good piece of mind in certain circumstances such as being a new driver.

You can subscribe to an app to use on a decent quality smartphone as well. I’ve used Sygic before but don’t currently require a satnav.

Some jobs you may find that after a while you don’t really need one as you know where you are going. In this case, the satnav will be filling a drawer somewhere or possibly just a weight to carry around in your work bag.

Put it in search and fill yer boots

On the Tomtom front, the new lineup look to have dropped the sim models that connected to live traffic without linking in your phone. Vodafone are switching off their 3g network next year and I think they were the network that TT have always partnered with.

I imagine existing sat navs will still work for live services if you pair up with Bluetooth or wifi hotspot, but if you spot a good deal on a 6250 or similar perhaps just confirm that.

As said…Tomtom 6250

This should help

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=170466

The free option if you have an Android phone trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … s#p2838530