Infringment query

tachograph:

stevieboy308:

Roymondo:

ytrehodluap:
It could be a case of driving across the yard, been told it would take about 20 minutes to be loaded so you think I’ll have a 15 here then a 30 later to try to get home 15 minutes early…
Only to find out the tacho hadn’t recorded the 25 second drive at all…

That’s one of the “features” of more recent digital tachos - they only record “Driving” in any individual minute if the wheels are actually turning for more than 30 seconds during that minute. The upside to this behaviour though is that you can (briefly) interrupt your break and move the truck a few yards if necessary.

You used to be able to get away with that! But now if stopped dvsa software will pickup on the movement and you’ll get busted for driving X amount without a 45

In those circumstances I don’t see how the DVSA could do you for driving over 4.5 hours without a break, the definition of driving time is driving activity that’s recorded automatically or manually by the tachograph.

In other words if the activity is not recorded as driving time on the tachograph then it’s not driving time and if it’s not driving time.

“A break is any period during which a driver may not carry out any driving or any other work and which is used exclusively for recuperation. A break may be taken in a moving vehicle, provided no other work is undertaken.”

You ain’t complying with that though. I had it from the horses mouth, people are getting busted for it