Another weird infringment?

Ok i have another break related infringment this time for going over 6 hours by 58 minuettes.

so it says the 6 hours started from 11:38 pm on the 23rd so according to that i wouldnt of had a break untill at least 6:36am however the print out shows that i had a break of 49 minuettes at 05:22.

this is the second time this week i have been handed an infringment for lack of breaks but i have had the required level if not more than. 2 seperate companies and 2 seperate trucks. Whats the likly hood my card is us■■?

EDIT: sorry i was tired when i wrote this i ment the 29/10 not the 23rd sorry

I’ve never known somebody have so many dramas in the job :laughing:

If what you’ve said above is true then it is a problem with the analysis software and not your card.

If it were me I’d be asking the person giving you an infringement when there isn’t one what the crack is rather than on here.

Two different companies/trucks/analysis software? If your card was faulty it would simply be that it did not work, full stop. It has to be something you’re doing wrong, as said, ask the one dishing out the infringment to explain it (if they can, it’s potentially just some desk jockey reading without understanding).

Are you sure you or an office bod is not confusing with going over 4.30 drive time with the WTD 6 hours

Wrong mode selected :confused:

cooper1203:
Ok i have another break related infringment this time for going over 6 hours by 58 minuettes.

so it says the 6 hours started from 11:38 pm on the 23rd so according to that i wouldnt of had a break untill at least 6:36am however the print out shows that i had a break of 49 minuettes at 05:22.

this is the second time this week i have been handed an infringment for lack of breaks but i have had the required level if not more than. 2 seperate companies and 2 seperate trucks. Whats the likly hood my card is us■■?

i guess if the printout is like you say it is I don’t see how the card is faulty? most likely the software is up the creek. Post the printout anyway lets have a look.

cooper1203:

Staple printout to infringement with a short note of why you think it’s wrong ( highlight rest )

On 23rd Oct we were still in British Summer Time, but the tacho times are all in UTC. When you say the 6 hours started at 2338 and you had a break at 0522, are both times stated in UTC?

You’ll need to look at two printouts together to cover the period before and after midnight and figure out exactly what you’ve recorded in the way of Work/Drive/Break.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Just a thought but could it be that you are changing mode before turning the ignition off and and it reverts to other work when ignition is turned off? We have some rental units and most of them revert to other work….been caught out a couple of times

The only way to know is if you can post a pic of the printout

i will try and post a picture tomorrow of the print out as i dont have a scanner. I definetly selected the correct mode on the tacho as it is shown on the print out as rest

Ok i have done a print out for the 28th 29th and 30th of last month.

all print outs are in utc

Edit: i have amended the origonal post with the correct date

I am not used to reading night time prints out which go over midnight, however to me it looks like you finished your break on the 28th at 2232 which leaves 1 hr 28 minutes until midnight. You then started your next break at 0528 on the 29th which is 5hrs 28 minutes past midnight. Add the two working periods together and you have 6hrs 56 minutes without a break. The analysis software is probably picking up an extra two minutes.

Your break ended at 2232 not 2238…2238 is 38 minutes past 10pm not 38 minutes past 11 pm. The requirement to take a break for WTD (and driving) begins when you end the previous break not when you start (other) work after a short period of driving. Where you get 0522 from I don’t know.

Break finished at 2232 on 28th so 6hrs would be 0432. You didn’t have a break until 0528 so that’s that

When i used to do agency a lot I would always do a printout after taking a break that way i can check it whenever i want or need to without stopping.

I have gotten in the habit of writing down my break times in a diary. If you forget to do it, you can also go to “display driver” and then “24 hour day” and then select the appropriate day and effectively scroll through what the printout says to find when you last had a break. I do this instead of a printout as I don’t want extra unnecessary pieces of paper floating around.

dunno where the 11:38 pm on the bit of paper i was handed came from then…oh well i guess that explains it

Not wishing to sound unkind here, but you’ve posted elsewhere about being given the run-around by planners regarding duty/Rest times, and here you are displaying a total absence of grasp of exactly what Breaks you have taken (and more importantly, when!). I know this incident is “only” a WTD infringement, but if you carry on along this route you are going to drop yourself in the brown stuff.

This lorry driving lark isn’t that difficult - but equally the Regs are a serious matter and if you can’t get the basics right the consequences for you (and others) can be significant. What exactly was it that made you think that working/driving continuously from 1030pm through to 530am was OK? Did no voice in your head say “I ought to be taking a Break?”

Taking into account your other thread describing one of your days and also your printout above, you are doing work that few drivers would put up with.

Looking at your day going 28/10/22 into 29/10/22, you have done nearly 600km doing what looks like a multidrop run and you have been out for nigh on 15 hours come the end of the shift. This isn’t really a sustainable way of working and mistakes are bound to start occurring as you lose your mind trying it.

As a rule of thumb, you shouldn’t be planned for anything over 13 hours. The extra couple of hours gets you home if something unforeseen happens.

It sounds like a mob you wouldn’t want to be with for very long, so use them and abuse them for experience and hours. Tell them “that’s not happening” a few times and don’t be afraid to bring the ■■■■ thing back if you are running out of time. You might find they start respecting you or they may not ask for you again, but you would probably be better off away anyway.

This is the thing the infringement said my last break finished at 11.38 on the 29th but according to the print out I was driving and had my breaks on time