Taco Question Technicality

I’ve tried google and searching and the company trainer but not getting very far.

I’ve got an infringement, I drove for 3 hours to a point which was late opening so I had 50 mins break. I then had 5 mins X work while I got out to see if anyone’s arrived. Then i knew 4.5 hours drive won’t get me home so I put another 18 mins on break. Tipped and later that day further 30 about 3 hours later.

But the computer says I drove 4.48 hours it’s not taken the second break into account. I’m coming to the conclusion it’s due to not driving for a few mins prior to the 18 min break. Am I right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kev909_2000:
I’ve tried google and searching and the company trainer but not getting very far.

I’ve got an infringement, I drove for 3 hours to a point which was late opening so I had 50 mins break. I then had 5 mins X work while I got out to see if anyone’s arrived. Then i knew 4.5 hours drive won’t get me home so I put another 18 mins on break. Tipped and later that day further 30 about 3 hours later.

But the computer says I drove 4.48 hours it’s not taken the second break into account. I’m coming to the conclusion it’s due to not driving for a few mins prior to the 18 min break. Am I right ?

Looks like it because the 50 mins reset the 4.5 and the 18 would only register as a driving break if some driving had been done between the 50 and the 18

There was a very similar question asked a while back.

Providing I remember correctly, the answer was: you can only have a driving break after recording driving. So if you didn’t move the lorry long enough to record driving before that 18min then it wouldn’t count.

Yep reads like you have done no driving so your first break won’t count for driving regs.
The later 30mins would be your first break in that driving period so would be counted as a 15minute.

Just driving for a minute first before the first break will solve this. IMHO