Got An Infringment

Had agency on the phone and the company I worked for on sunday have told them I have an infringment for insufficant break.
I started at 0600 and finished about 1315. I only went to Carlisle and back which was 3hr 56 driving in total. I took a 23 min break at about 9 o’clock.
Anyone shed some light on what the problem might have been? I cant understand it as my driving was under the 4.5 for the whole day and I took more than 15 before 12 o’clock so im stumped

Working between 6 and 9 hours requires 30 minute worth of break. You worked 7 hours 15 minutes with 23 minute of break.

I might be wrong but should you not have required a 30 minute break with hours you worked?

Yep needed 30 mins for working between 6 and 9 hours

harrawaffa:
Working between 6 and 9 hours requires 30 minute worth of break. You worked 7 hours 15 minutes with 23 minute of break.

Your post confirms what i thought :slight_smile:

harrawaffa:

Working time was 6 hours 52 minutes…

The driving time is ok but you needed an half hour break to comply with WTD. You had a 15 minutes break which is OK.
Start at 6am , six hours later you would have to take a 15 minutes break.
At midday.
Because you finished at 13.15 a 30 minutes break was not taken.

Roymondo:

harrawaffa:

6 TIL 1:15 is 7:15 worked in my book lol

tango boy:

Roymondo:

harrawaffa:

6 TIL 1:15 is 7:15 worked in my book lol

He is right. 7.15 minus the 23 break is 6.52 of actual work. But I wrote it how I did so it would be easier to understand. Rather than someone asking where I’d pulled 6 hours 52 from.

Aaaah ok
I thought the WTD was just 15 minutes before 6 hours.

Cheers lads

That’s one of those old ones I remember discussing, you need to toss it off in the depot when you get back [emoji14]

The-Snowman:
Aaaah ok

Cheers lads

Up to 6 hours = 15 mins
6 - 9 hours = a break of 30 mins, or 2+ breaks totalling 30 mins+
9+ hours = a break of 45 mins, or 2+ breaks totalling 45 mins+

And don’t ‘work’ any longer than 6 hours without a break of at least 15 mins.

So let’s say you work 8 hours starting at 06:00.

You take a 15 minute break at 11:00.

You take another 15 minute break at 13:00

End your shift at 14:00.

Is that legal? Or does your full 30 minutes have to be taken before 6 hours?

Rowley010:
So let’s say you work 8 hours starting at 06:00.

You take a 15 minute break at 11:00.

You take another 15 minute break at 13:00

End your shift at 14:00.

Is that legal? Or does your full 30 minutes have to be taken before 6 hours?

Perfectly fine. You just need to make sure you take the total amount of required breaks before the end of your shift, and don’t work any more than 6 hours without a break (this is the bit people often ■■■■ up) (‘work’ doesnt include POA, or breaks), and don’t end your shift on a break.

In that example above You could work 06:00-12:00, take a 15, work until 13:00, take another 15, then work till 14:00 and go home :smiley:

This is what I thought. Many a time I’ve had a 15 min break but then gone past 6 hours before I take the other 30 for my drive time.

Rowley010:
This is what I thought. Many a time I’ve had a 15 min break but then gone past 6 hours before I take the other 30 for my drive time.

Yup, likewise, split my breaks like that pretty much every day. I’m not one for working all day without a break, 6am-ish start, the 15 tends to be about 10am, then the 30 about 1pm, or earlier if drive time requires it, and clock off about 4/5 normally.

insufficient breaks over the 6 hour rule…i always take a break after 4…and never would work 6 without a break…its at least breakfast time so a 45 would suit me better…depends on the job really, might need one after 4.5 …

Chris1207:

The-Snowman:
Aaaah ok

Cheers lads

Up to 6 hours = 15 mins
6 - 9 hours = a break of 30 mins, or 2+ breaks totalling 30 mins+
9+ hours = a break of 45 mins, or 2+ breaks totalling 45 mins+

And don’t ‘work’ any longer than 6 hours without a break of at least 15 mins.

Er - No. Up to 6 hrs, no break required at all.

Chris1207:
[
Yup, likewise, split my breaks like that pretty much every day. I’m not one for working all day without a break, 6am-ish start, the 15 tends to be about 10am, then the 30 about 1pm, or earlier if drive time requires it, and clock off about 4/5 normally.

But by then you’ve gone over six hours, haven’t you? You should’ve been at thirty minutes break by ‘12ish’, surely?

Thank the Almighty my firm don’t give two balls of blue about WTD PISH!!!

So if you work 6hrs and 5mins you would need a 15min before the 6hrs and another 15min@ 6hrs 5mins before you knock off■■?

A complete load of BALLICKS if you ask me!!![emoji52]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk