Got An Infringment

Shandy123:

Chris1207:
[
Yup, likewise, split my breaks like that pretty much every day. I’m not one for working all day without a break, 6am-ish start, the 15 tends to be about 10am, then the 30 about 1pm, or earlier if drive time requires it, and clock off about 4/5 normally.

But by then you’ve gone over six hours, haven’t you? You should’ve been at thirty minutes break by ‘12ish’, surely?

No. In the example above the second break could be taken as late as 16:15 (assuming 6am start, 15 min first break taken at 10am, drive time hasn’t exceeded 4.5h)

Big Truck:
Thank the Almighty my firm don’t give two balls of blue about WTD PISH!!!

So if you work 6hrs and 5mins you would need a 15min before the 6hrs and another 15min@ 6hrs 5mins before you knock off■■?

A complete load of BALLICKS if you ask me!!![emoji52]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Second that, imagine phoning someone to tell them that they’ve ‘worked’ a few minutes longer than they should. :laughing: :laughing:

Laughably pathetic.

A.

Chris1207:

The-Snowman:
Aaaah ok
I thought the WTD was just 15 minutes before 6 hours.

Cheers lads

Up to 6 hours = 15 mins
6 - 9 hours = a break of 30 mins, or 2+ breaks totalling 30 mins+
9+ hours = a break of 45 mins, or 2+ breaks totalling 45 mins+

And don’t ‘work’ any longer than 6 hours without a break of at least 15 mins.

Not sure you have to take a break at all if you work less than 6 hours (see page 9 diagram).

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/603096/simplified-guidance-eu-drivers-hours-working-time-rules.pdf

Adonis.:

Big Truck:
Thank the Almighty my firm don’t give two balls of blue about WTD PISH!!!

So if you work 6hrs and 5mins you would need a 15min before the 6hrs and another 15min@ 6hrs 5mins before you knock off■■?

A complete load of BALLICKS if you ask me!!![emoji52]

Second that, imagine phoning someone to tell them that they’ve ‘worked’ a few minutes longer than they should. :laughing: :laughing:

Laughably pathetic.

A.

^
This
Is 7 minutes even worth an employer mentioning to a driver. The OP is more than likely doing his best and gets wrong for it :unamused:

Sand Fisher:

Chris1207:

The-Snowman:
Aaaah ok
I thought the WTD was just 15 minutes before 6 hours.

Cheers lads

Up to 6 hours = 15 mins
6 - 9 hours = a break of 30 mins, or 2+ breaks totalling 30 mins+
9+ hours = a break of 45 mins, or 2+ breaks totalling 45 mins+

And don’t ‘work’ any longer than 6 hours without a break of at least 15 mins.

Not sure you have to take a break at all if you work less than 6 hours (see page 9 diagram).

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/603096/simplified-guidance-eu-drivers-hours-working-time-rules.pdf

You only need to have a break if your working time is going to exceed 6 hours, you can do up-to 6 hours working time without a break if you want to.

Roymondo:
Er - No. Up to 6 hrs, no break required at all.

Sand Fisher:

Yes, correct, though I think it’s pretty rare to have a driver working less than 6 hours. To be clear, the 15 min break required for ‘up to 6 hours’ that I mention is the one you need to take for not working for more than 6 hours without a break. Not because you need it for a shift of less than 6 hours.

tachograph:
You only need to have a break if your working time is going to exceed 6 hours, you can do up-to 6 hours working time without a break if you want to.

yeah, what he said ^^ :laughing:

kevin0410:
No. In the example above the second break could be taken as late as 16:15 (assuming 6am start, 15 min first break taken at 10am, drive time hasn’t exceeded 4.5h)

See, Kevin gets it :wink:

Big Truck:

Don’t forget the extra 1 minute of other work before knocking off, at the end of that second 15, to make sure you don’t infringe :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Fully agree with everyone though, WTD is a lot of pish… but some of us work for firms that think you should be thrown off the top of the clock-tower if you go over the 6 hour rule by 3 seconds. :unamused:

Chris1207:
…Fully agree with everyone though, WTD is a lot of pish… but some of us work for firms that think you should be thrown off the top of the clock-tower if you go over the 6 hour rule by 3 seconds. :unamused:

Here, here.

Do what I…erm…a mate of mine does. If you get your shift done in under 9hrs and under 4,5hrs driving time, bugger off home and manually enter your second 15 break and 1+ minute of o/w when you put your card in at the start of your next shift (provided your card’s not downloaded after every shift, obviously).

But at the end of the day, going by some of the responses on here, there are those that flout/ignore the rules (if you can get away with it, bully for you) and those that don’t actually know them.

These rules have been in for years, they’re “BASICS” ffs.

The software they use when you download will highlight the infringements then print out the form , they then hold the interview to point out the error of your ways and then you sign your life away .
If they sign up for the new monitoring system with DSA/VOSA this is the sort of thing they will be looking for .
WTD is and always has been my downfall.
But only one infringement in the last three years that I drove .
Even when pulled by VOSA for a full check they commented that I didn’t seem to take risks , still a miserable bunch of #%#@# though .[emoji56][emoji56][emoji56]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Basic rules to every professional driver in my opinion. [emoji848]

Been pulled by DVSA and RSA
(Eire equivalent) 3times past 4yrs and I don’t follow WTD for a single minute of my working day.

Neither of the above said diddly squat about WTD or my interpretation of it!!![emoji41][emoji6]

Big Truck:
(Eire equivalent) 3times past 4yrs and I don’t follow WTD for a single minute of my working day.

Neither of the above said diddly squat about WTD or my interpretation of it!!![emoji41][emoji6]

The DVSA don’t care about the WTD at road side checks, but most reputable companies comply with it and will issue infringements for none compliance.

tachograph:

Big Truck:

The DVSA don’t care about the WTD at road side checks, but most reputable companies comply with it and will issue infringements for none compliance.

You reckon they’ll still comply after March 2019!!![emoji52][emoji848]

Big Truck:

tachograph:

Big Truck:

You reckon they’ll still comply after March 2019!!![emoji52][emoji848]

I don’t think anything will change regarding the WTD, so yes I think they will continue to comply :frowning: