Telematics

Tips for improving my telematics score please ?

Topcat1522:

Lift off and count to 5 before you touch the brakes or retarder.

Bit of a can of worms but in general plan ahead.

Practise easing off the accelerator early.

Leave a good gap to traffic (ironically slipstreaming the truck in front can be good but incredibly dangerous, best leave it to the nutters).

Knock her down a couple of mph off the limiter.

Don’t get stressed by other road users, drive your own journey.

Try and keep her moving at all times, especially on approach to roundabouts, traffic lights.

When considering an overtake plan it, use your weight and the gradients to your advantage. Also consider if it’s even worth it.

When accelerating on a dual carriageway and the truck in front is slower don’t immediately go for the overtake, wait and see if he has a higher top speed.

Don’t idle the engine unneccesarly.

There’s loads more but treat your truck smoothly and fuel efficiency will follow.
Even steering input and straightening bends out can make a difference.

Course there’s tyre pressures, how your loaded etc…

Basically think how a tipper driver drives and do the opposite and you won’t be far off a half decent telematics score :laughing:

DickyNick:
Basically think how a tipper driver drives and do the opposite and you won’t be far off a half decent telematics score :laughing:

Lol you got that right lmao

Imagine that YOU have to pay for the fuel.

Trukkertone:
Imagine that YOU have to pay for the fuel.

Or tell pointy shoes if they were to price the job to make a profit, instead of getting drivers to save them money by better fuel figure’s, he might have a valid point,

TheUncaringCowboy:

Topcat1522:

If you reach the count of 2 and plow into somebody, as long as you don’t hit the breake pedal you should still score A.

Topcat1522:

Dont switch the engine on. Simple :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ezydriver:

TheUncaringCowboy:

Topcat1522:

If you reach the count of 2 and plow into somebody, as long as you don’t hit the breake pedal you should still score A.

You might be marked down for a harsh braking though, going from about 50 to zero in half a second.

TheUncaringCowboy:

ezydriver:

TheUncaringCowboy:

Topcat1522:

You might be marked down for a harsh braking though, going from about 50 to zero in half a second.

Nah, only the brake pedal is monitored. I hear that if you stop the truck with the handbrake it bypasses the telematics and you won’t get a harsh brake.