Fleetboard and Telematics

Hi all, I go to a few different companies who run monitoring stuff in the trucks, Fleetboard, or some system that works out how your driving from your tacho card :confused:

1 company complained to me said I was revving too high, using the wrong gear, revving too low :confused: and declined to accept me from the agency anymore.
Another company now saying I was found to brake too hard 10times in a day :open_mouth:

To be honest its rather annoying being told how to drive by a computer program, besides the obvious of driving like a grandma is there any way round this stuff ?

Just had my stats shown to me at Tesco - 3 harsh brakes dropped me from 99% to 93 (95 deemed to be very good) - got told, more defensive driving at both roundabouts and traffic lights.

Its playing a game really - keep the needle in the green when accelerating/slowing down - and stick to the speed limits, hence Tesco trucks going slow :slight_smile: - also depends on what weight i am pulling - under 25ton and i know i can go a bit faster, and lifting off going downhill and let the weight do the work.

Tesco only taking drivers who keep it above 90% at the moment (so i am told)

i hate to think what my score would be :blush:

M/B is the fleetboard computer.No way round it as it records everything from a blink to a โ– โ– โ– โ– .
Ask for a printout of the recordings and ask them to explain your scores as the data is only as good as the person reading it.
For example,to get a high score on braking you have to brake firmly.If you feather the brake trying to keep moving at a roundabout it scores low.
Also if you are doing a lot of city work you will get scored down for high idling time.
There are lotโ€™s more anomalyโ€™s and different M/B people tell you different things anyway.

uckna:
Just had my stats shown to me at Tesco - 3 harsh brakes dropped me from 99% to 93 (95 deemed to be very good) - got told, more defensive driving at both roundabouts and traffic lights.

Its playing a game really - keep the needle in the green when accelerating/slowing down - and stick to the speed limits, hence Tesco trucks going slow :slight_smile: - also depends on what weight i am pulling - under 25ton and i know i can go a bit faster, and lifting off going downhill and let the weight do the work.

Tesco only taking drivers who keep it above 90% at the moment (so i am told)

Not quite true, my latest โ€œscoreโ€ was 88%, and they wanted me for the next week :open_mouth:

It would have been 100% but for some HARSH braking, when I pointed out that to stop an AXOR, you need to put your foot through the floor, the assessor seemed to agree :laughing:

When I pointed out that I had spent the previous week in a 59 plate VOLVO FH13 460 โ€œIโ€ Shift / 3 stage engine brake mutts nutts machine, he came all over sympathetic, and actually got very dewey eyed at the thought of driving a VOLVO instead of the KAXOR :unamused: