Mercedes Fleetboard scores

So Ive been attempting to get my fleetboard scores up and I am managing to average between 8 and 9 which is apparently quite good. However, I have been told that there are a few tricks to get the score higher. One of our trainers is consistently scoring 10 on forward planning which is near on impossible. He reckons theres a way to cheat it but he wont tell us how. Anyone got any inside knowledge?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I know in a daf if you ease off when slowing down and avoid harsh unnecessary braking you get a well anticipated message and 5 ticks .
Do it enough and it send your %up a little

Also heard if.you use your cruise control.to accelerate rather than using the pedall it helps.
Never tried it but have heard/maybe read it on here . In the past.
Can’t say if it’s true .

Believe me, I have been working on the “above board” way of improving eco driving. Whilst resorting to driving as if taking a test. Knocking off cruise control half a mile before junctions and roundabouts. Using engine brake to slow down, avoiding foot brake, using cruise control to accelerate, avoiding throttle. At the same time annoying every other road user by driving like a 90 year old hurse driver on a Sunday afternoon out for a crawl in tge countryside. Yet I still cant workout how he’s getting a perfect score of 10.

There’s definitely a way to fool it into thinking you’re perfect.

The trick dont use your brakes(yes I know), and if you got to use them be quick as possible to slow the hgv down. less time on brakes higher score you will get. let the hgv roll to junctions and lights and try not to stop before lights change.
And while you doing all this cars are trying to get pass you because you driving so slow and the odd ■■■■■■ sign.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

And drive in eco mode and use cruise control.

driving local, it will be very very hard to get a good score.

Wow 8 hour shifts! [emoji1787]

I drive a Merc, but I simply could not be ■■■■ arsed to drive like something between what the last guy described as a hearse driver, and a ■■■■ management led performing monkey. :unamused:

I’m fortunate to be getting satisfactory figures as it is (I am told) by driving in my normal way, (maybe because I don’t drive like a demented ■■■■ with his arse on fire rushing around like there’s no tomorrow eh?..there I’ve just solved the query. :sunglasses:
Sorry not trying to be clever :blush: , but all this crap just does my swede in big style, amateurs with zero experience telling (some) professionals how to drive.

Don’t ask me what my ‘‘scores’’ :unamused: are, as I neither could be arsed to enquire, nor have the slightest interest. (Unless of course they are about to pay me a ‘good driving bonus’ then my attitude will undoubtedly change :bulb: :smiley: )

One guy at my place who I would rate as an excellent old school experienced driver, done it all, got the t.shirt (AND the sweatshirt) , and accident free for 30 to 40 years, is forever being told to improve his ''score ‘’.
He freely admits that he refuses to use a cruise control, as in his opinion using a cruise control is potentially dangerous…(rightly or wrongly), I do see his point btw.
When CCs were first fitted to trucks 98ish? I and a lot of others I know had a similar opinion, and kinda weaned ourselves on to them, but that was in the days of manual boxes being standard… when YOU had to actually DRIVE a truck. :bulb: unlike now where that type of performing monkey I was on about can easily get by just by steering it. :smiley:
Nowadays they are just a normal part of the truck, and ■■■■ easy with an auto box.

Why bother,

DarrenaMorris:
He reckons theres a way to cheat it but he wont tell us how. Anyone got any inside knowledge?

At this point…

I should ask what’s it worth for me to tell you and yes, your so called supreme hero trainer is full of ■■■■.

But I won’t. There’s a technique (first published here by the maoster) whereby you…nah…not gonna tell you.

It worked for me to get to the top of our rankings the week I did it. Our fleet manager has no clue.

biggriffin:
Why bother,

Because…

Sadly drivers will be picked over drivers who have lower scores.

I don’t agree with those politics but, as you well know, it’s all about money.

All depends on why score matters, these scoreboards don’t always reflect the most economical or efficient driving either in fuel saving or mechanical sympathy ie giving the vehicle an easy life, just one example is the fetish for switching off the engine sometimes dozens of times a day rather than letting it idle for a few mins, not forgetting the still valid reasons of not working a cold engine hard nor switching off an engine immediately after its been working hard.

Personally i couldn’t give a flying one what the score might be, or my position on some notice board.

Making smooth progress efficiently either matters to a driver or it doesn’t, being a good driver (as in Robroy’s example) may well not impress the 'puter or the pointy shoe in charge who wouldn’t know a lorry driver from a bar of soap, but i’ll lay a £ to a penny that old school driver’s vehicle is among the most economical and reliable overall on the company, not just in fuel usage but needing almost no unscheduled visits to the workshops, where the brakes are all original several years down the road as are the springs and shockers and needs no visits to the bodyshop.

yourhavingalarf:

DarrenaMorris:
He reckons theres a way to cheat it but he wont tell us how. Anyone got any inside knowledge?

At this point…

I should ask what’s it worth for me to tell you and yes, your so called supreme hero trainer is full of [zb].

But I won’t. There’s a technique (first published here by the maoster) whereby you…nah…not gonna tell you.

It worked for me to get to the top of our rankings the week I did it. Our fleet manager has no clue.

Bloody hell mate, this new generation of drivers will be drooling, they would sell their (ar :smiley: ) souls to get to know this stuff. :laughing: :laughing:
Capitalise on it. :bulb: :smiley:

Edit…Forget it, you’re history.
I’ve just been on to Maost, he’s got copyright patent law on his side, we’re going to start a Cheat the fleetboard consultancy …me on 25%. :sunglasses:
Any takers? :laughing:

DarrenaMorris:
Believe me, I have been working on the “above board” way of improving eco driving. Whilst resorting to driving as if taking a test. Knocking off cruise control half a mile before junctions and roundabouts. Using engine brake to slow down, avoiding foot brake, using cruise control to accelerate, avoiding throttle. At the same time annoying every other road user by driving like a 90 year old hurse driver on a Sunday afternoon out for a crawl in tge countryside. Yet I still cant workout how he’s getting a perfect score of 10.

There’s definitely a way to fool it into thinking you’re perfect.

So you’re prioritising on this cack over consideration to other road users, and arguably being potentially dangerous to others by driving too bloody slow (leave it Jakey ffs :smiley: ) and admitting totally ■■■■■■■■ off others around you in the quest for… ‘‘perfection’’. :unamused:
Ok. :neutral_face:

At the moment, according to the dash display, I’m avg about 10.9, to 11.2, due to less traffic, boss is happy as it’s more savings for him, when it returns to 9, still be happy, basically as long as it’s there, no questions, carry-on as per normal,

No pointy shoes you see… :laughing:

A free cheat I shall pass on seeing as mine and Robroy’s new venture is yielding little returns! :smiley:

Last year I had a new Scanyar on demo for a couple of weeks and found an ideal cheat to bump the anticipation score right up; you’ve got to not be in a hurry and it has to be a quiet road without anybody sat up your chuff and you simply knock the CC off for a couple of seconds and then hit resume. Hey presto the computer now thinks that you’ve correctly anticipated slowing traffic ahead. I’ll see if I can dig the photo of my scores out.

the maoster:
A free cheat I shall pass on seeing as mine and Robroy’s new venture is yielding little returns! :smiley:

Oi!..

Sales and marketing here.

20% ta.

yourhavingalarf:

biggriffin:
Why bother,

Because…

Sadly drivers will be picked over drivers who have lower scores.

I don’t agree with those politics but, as you well know, it’s all about money.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
picked for what■■?
brown nose furthest inserted,or what>■■

why bother and who cares would be the order of the day.
worse case scenario would be some pointy shoe cretin tells you how to drive and be a good boy.
if your working for a comany that cares,then your in the bend down and take it position anyway

Well that stirred up a hornet’s nest amongst the old school-stick in the mud-dinosaur-trade unionist-bring back the horse and cart types.

Like it or not, if you want to get on in this life, sometimes you have to bend over for the guys who pay you. Whatever trade you’re in, success comes from keeping the customer happy and doing it the way they want it. Controversial as it may be its moving with the times. Those who do, dont get left behind.

What is more, as annoying as a slow lorry can be, a truck driving like a bat out of hell up people’s arses and on half it’s wheels around corners, can be a ■■■■ site more annoying and dangerous.
Admittedly the job has become staggeringly boring now that all the skill has been removed by technology, hence why attempting to master the eco driving can be a bit of a challenge to break through the monotony of just sitting behind the wheel and letting the truck do it all for you.
Anything to keep the money coming in and the sanity intact.

Download the FleetBoard app for your phone so you can get up to date feedback on your drives. It’s free to download. It gives you tips on how to improve your score rather than guessing where/how to improve.

DarrenaMorris:
Wow 8 hour shifts! [emoji1787]

LOL