Mercedes Fleetboard scores

DarrenaMorris:
Well that stirred up a hornet’s nest amongst the old school-stick in the mud-dinosaur-trade unionist-bring back the horse and cart types.

Like it or not, if you want to get on in this life, sometimes you have to bend over for the guys who pay you. Whatever trade you’re in, success comes from keeping the customer happy and doing it the way they want it. Controversial as it may be its moving with the times. Those who do, dont get left behind.

What is more, as annoying as a slow lorry can be, a truck driving like a bat out of hell up people’s arses and on half it’s wheels around corners, can be a ■■■■ site more annoying and dangerous.
Admittedly the job has become staggeringly boring now that all the skill has been removed by technology, hence why attempting to master the eco driving can be a bit of a challenge to break through the monotony of just sitting behind the wheel and letting the truck do it all for you.
Anything to keep the money coming in and the sanity intact.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Fine, bend over, but don’t for one minute think that being towards the top of the scoreboard means you are a safe efficient or overall economic driver, presumably that position is of some importance to you

If you drive like a lorry driver, then the chances are you are already making decent cost effective progress but safely and with minimum wear and tear to the vehicle by making use of terrain and existing momentum to maximise cost free (foot off throttle) running, utilising the infinitely capable computer perched atop your head fed with information sent from your mk 1 eyeball coupled with feedback from other senses, this translating into making the most efficient progress possible utilising your driving skills developed over time.

Its called taking a pride in your work, it isn’t done to make you more attractive to some pointy shoes via some flawed electronic monitoring some passing wide boy persuaded the company to waste their money on, its done because you have an interest in, and a pride in and quite possibly actually enjoy the job you do.
The diminishing few who take this now unfashionable pride in their work don’t do so to gain pats on the head because some half arsed 'puter program approves their point scoring method, they do it because it gives them satisfaction to do the job to the best of their ability.

A few years ago in my previous work we had a fuel bonus system in operation, this exercise in foot shooting ■■■■■■■■ didn’t take into account actual fuel usage, hence despite the best fuel figures in the depot and among the best in the entire 350 vehicle fleet, i seldom if ever received the bonus.

By all means play this squalid little game if you think it’s your route to the top and whatever benefits you might covet, but don’t for one minute think that scoring high on this board means you are a good driver making efficient safe economic progress, all it means is you are ticking the right boxes.

Is it your company policy to drive to fleetboard or if you dont face getting the sack? or you just doing for fun.
At my company we got to drive by fleetboard standards or face discipline.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

DarrenaMorris:
Well that stirred up a hornet’s nest amongst the old school-stick in the mud-dinosaur-trade unionist-bring back the horse and cart types.

Like it or not, if you want to get on in this life, sometimes you have to bend over for the guys who pay you. Whatever trade you’re in, success comes from keeping the customer happy and doing it the way they want it. Controversial as it may be its moving with the times. Those who do, dont get left behind.

What is more, as annoying as a slow lorry can be, a truck driving like a bat out of hell up people’s arses and on half it’s wheels around corners, can be a ■■■■ site more annoying and dangerous.
Admittedly the job has become staggeringly boring now that all the skill has been removed by technology, hence why attempting to master the eco driving can be a bit of a challenge to break through the monotony of just sitting behind the wheel and letting the truck do it all for you.
Anything to keep the money coming in and the sanity intact.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Wow! :open_mouth: Where do you start with that. :smiley:
You’ve obviously succumbed to the modern management style brain wash programme hook line and sinker mate. :laughing:
Sure, you need to do as you are told to a point, but that does not necessarily mean you have to conform with so much evident gusto and enthusiasm.
…and ‘‘You need to bend over’’?
Seriously?.. :laughing:
I know it goes on widespread in this industry nowadays with many of you, but that’s the first time I’ve ever heard one of you guys admit to this (especially with the metaphorical connotations it brings to mind :open_mouth: )

If being a ‘‘Stuck in the mud dinosaur’’ means accepting all this type of crap, but at the same time approaching it with the cynical contempt it deserves, whilst being seen to comply but at the same time using their own stick to beat em with…then I’ve got to say I’m proud to admit to the label you’ve put on me…rather that than the alternative of a totally subservient type Borg who regurgitates management speak crap as if it’s God’s gospel.

Your ridiculous comparison of driving in a slow and arguably dangerous manner to get a pat on the back, and driving like a demented idiot is not the best way to justify it…there is a happy medium (a bit like comparing tee totalism with raging alcoholism :unamused: ) and as I said, I can appease these clowns in pointy shoes just by driving in my normal style.
If your job is how you describe…boring, maybe you should change your approach to it.

edd1974:
I know in a daf if you ease off when slowing down and avoid harsh unnecessary braking you get a well anticipated message and 5 ticks .
Do it enough and it send your %up a little

Also heard if.you use your cruise control.to accelerate rather than using the pedall it helps.
Never tried it but have heard/maybe read it on here . In the past.
Can’t say if it’s true .

Using the exhaust brake and not footbrake keeps you at 100%. Also cruise control use rather than cruising with the foot on the pedal

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

DarrenaMorris:
A few years ago in my previous work we had a fuel bonus system in operation, this exercise in foot shooting ■■■■■■■■ didn’t take into account actual fuel usage, hence despite the best fuel figures in the depot and among the best in the entire 350 vehicle fleet, i seldom if ever received the bonus.

Im doing it to keep my job! Im not ashamed to I dont think Im alone when I say that I do the job for the money. I dont do it for the love of it. In fact I find it mind-numbingly tedious at times. I commend that man for loving his job and taking pride in his work. Its a shame that hes such a brilliant driver and he doesnt get recognised for it!
Like I said, Im in it for the money. I have no interest in fighting against the powers-that-be. It doesnt get you anywhere. It just gets you unwanted attention for being awkward and negative.

Seriously?.. [emoji38]
I know it goes on widespread in this industry nowadays with many of you, but that’s the first time I’ve ever heard one of you guys admit to this (especially with the metaphorical connotations it brings to mind :open_mouth: )

[emoji1787] sorry about the shocking ‘metaphorical connotations it brings to mind’ [emoji1787]

DarrenaMorris:
Seriously?.. [emoji38]

[emoji1787] sorry about the shocking ‘metaphorical connotations it brings to mind’ [emoji1787]

No need to apologise mate, nothing that drivers are prepared to do or put up with nowadays ever shocks me anymore, sadly. :unamused: …trust me.

Btw…Still love the missed irony of you slating the trade unions (in your attempt to insult older drivers) then go on to say you ‘‘Need to bend over to get on in life’’ …classic. :laughing:

jowett1969:
Is it your company policy to drive to fleetboard or if you dont face getting the sack? or you just doing for fun.
At my company we got to drive by fleetboard standards or face discipline.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ridiculous as it may seem…whats the discipline then?

When I see fleet board or microlise, I think of this as what plobbers and pointy shoes are like

Been thinking about this (shows how active my ■■■■ life is nowadays :unamused: :smiley: ) maybe in some ways I was a bit harsh on the o/p.
He works for Tesco, so not really a haulage based co, his job is ■■■■ easy (or as he says boring) and the fact that he will be on no doubt mega bucks for little time spent making it compared to most of us, I suppose it’s in his own interests to comply with all this bull crap to maintain his cushy number, I more than likely would myself (but maybe not as enthusiastically :smiley: ) …so I take (part of) it back ridiculing the guy. :bulb:

As for bending over? :open_mouth: (still don’t think he grasped the connotation of that tbh :smiley: :unamused: …ie parting his cheeks) and admitting doing so gladly :open_mouth: , that is the reason why these pointy shoe ■■■■■ who run the job (and who know the far end of ■■■■ all about the job in REAL terms) do these things and get away with it, but without any minor resistance no matter how unjust and ■■■■ ridiculous their rules are.
Anyhow, new member, first few posts, maybe I was a bit harsh on the lad. . :blush:
Our jobs are so different in comparison, if we were both horse men instead of drivers, I’d be a Clint Eastwood style saddle tramp unshaven wearing a poncho, and he would be Lord So and So doing dressage wearing jodphurs, immaculatelly dressed, bouncing up and down in his saddle…or am I reading too much into this. :laughing: …just go with it, I’m bored. :laughing:

(Btw Did I say that when I did bother to read the chart on the wall one day a couple of years ago. I was actually top of the league without trying :open_mouth: …I’m just too ■■■■ good to be true man. :sunglasses:
(:roll: :laughing: …either that or everybody else below me were totally crap. :smiley:)

Those scores mean nothing. Put your boss in the drivers seat and see his score. I challenged our TM to do a shift once. When his score came through it was shocking to say the least. He does not bother us anymore unless you do something really stupid.