Unsure of legalitys

We have a similar law here in the USA, we must take 10 hours off duty but it can be reduced to 8 hours in the sleeper followed by a 2 hour off duty break during the day, the elog will tell me when I need to take it by. It is illegal to take a sleeper break when my truck is outside my house but I can book 8 hours if the truck is parked a few miles away, I am however permitted to book a sleeper break in our terminal because I keep the truck at home at weekends. In fact I have started driving down to NYC on Sunday evenings in order to take an 8 hour sleeper break and start afresh on Monday, the coming week it helps me a great deal for instance, If I am in NYC by 8.30 pm and take an 8 hour sleeper break, I can then hook to my load for Allentown PA 7.00am delivery, drive to Fairless Hills PA and hook to my next trailer for Waterbury VT and drive until I need the 2 hour break, actually I will probably take the full 10 hours when the 2 hours are due, that is also allowed by law, so doing that I can get away with just the 8 hours.