Little help regarding cab hygene please

Hi ive not been here for a while but after having a google and also using search on here i’ve not really found what i am looking for
anyway to cut to the chase i work for a company where i tramp out 4 days a week and i have had a wagon that i share with another employee (i work 4 shifts he works 3 ) we both keep the inside clean but recently we have got a new transport manager who has been snding anyone out in any wagon which means i have been put in some god awful dirty filthy cabs that i have got to sleep in , my question is do i have any legal entitlment to refuse to stay out in the truck or is it just a case of like it or lump it ? (grammer not my strongest subject so sorry for that)

cheers al

leave and get another job,theres plenty about,why give yourself the grief.
at the same time as your looking elsewhere,you can moan or refuse to take out the manky ones,or say your going to have to smend a cpl hours cleaning it before you leave which will really make you flavour of the month there.
if the other trampers take them,then your ■■■■■■■ against thunder.
no doubt the armchair vikings will be along in the morning telling you what they would do ect,but at the end of the day,if nobody else gives a toss,then it wont matter what you say,so if it dont suit you,just move on.

If your in a Union, you and your co-partner need to state your case let them deal with it. If not go in together and tell the TM your not prepared to stay out in a ■■■■ heap. No joy move on get another job.

al_P:
my question is do i have any legal entitlment to refuse to stay out in the truck or is it just a case of like it or lump it ?

No one is forcing you to sleep in the cab. You could book into an hotel and spend your night out money on that.

Talk to the new manager, (yes, Unions are made for this) if he doesn`t really give a toss, then take the advice already given and start looking for another job.

cheers for advice i thought this may be the case

Franglais:

al_P:
my question is do i have any legal entitlment to refuse to stay out in the truck or is it just a case of like it or lump it ?

No one is forcing you to sleep in the cab. You could book into an hotel and spend your night out money on that.

Talk to the new manager, (yes, Unions are made for this) if he doesn`t really give a toss, then take the advice already given and start looking for another job.

So you think £26 will get you a bed for the night with parking available/close by for an artic?

Get a grip man :unamused:

More than one way to skin a cat; I’m back in tomorrow after a fortnight off, i can guarantee that my allocated motor will have been double shifted every day by every Tom, ■■■■ & Stanislav and will be in a shocking state. Whether the Co like it or not I’ll be spending the first two hours on pay in the morning cleaning and scrubbing until I’m satisfied with the lorry.

I shouldn’t have to do this as the Co should really be monitoring the interior cleanliness but as nobody bothers I’ll hit them in the wallet.

the maoster,

Hitting them where it hurts is the best way ,what i use to is go in on the Sunday before the Monday start ,spend as much time as possible ,but then for the next month drip feed my time back !!! oh and moan like hell.

Once came in on the Monday morning after the weekend off to find the security guy had been using my wagon as his bedroom for the weekend !!! i hit the bloody roof big time ,security got swiped ,i was suppose to be on a night out , but my first drop was Leeds and second was Newcastle ,i drove back from Leeds that afternoon and after spending the evening replacing my bedding drove back the next day ,still booked a night out and the following night as i could not get back :open_mouth:

The firm were not amused but they knew i was ragging :laughing: ,they never done it again and the security was long gone .

the maoster:
More than one way to skin a cat; I’m back in tomorrow after a fortnight off, i can guarantee that my allocated motor will have been double shifted every day by every Tom, ■■■■ & Stanislav and will be in a shocking state. Whether the Co like it or not I’ll be spending the first two hours on pay in the morning cleaning and scrubbing until I’m satisfied with the lorry.

I shouldn’t have to do this as the Co should really be monitoring the interior cleanliness but as nobody bothers I’ll hit them in the wallet.

+1
Play them at their OWN game and beat them.
I did the same when I started back off hols for the first time, and the cab interior was a right ■■■■ mess. :smiling_imp:
If it had been smoked in I would have took bunk cover and curtains home to wash, but it was not quite as bad as that.
I parked the unit directly outside the office window so I could be clearly seen, (with the timed delivery kept waiting on the trailer in the park) while I got the truck back the way as I left it…in an habitable state.
I explained what I was doing when they inevitably came out and asked me.
The load was late (purposely :imp: ) they did not like it, but after that they were selective as to who they put on my allocated truck whenever I was off, and I never needed to do it again.

To DD…it ain’t a case of being an armchair viking mate, it’s a case of letting them see you are not going to be treated with zero consideration by them and ■■■■ on their shoes, and that you have standards, however hard that is for the ■■■■ s to believe. :bulb:

Is the best job in the area?
Is it the only job in the area that suits your work/life requirements?

Yes it’s the company’s truck and they need to keep the wheels turning, Sweat the asset I think is the pointy shoe jargon, :confused: but you and your mate are also assets and like the truck, assets treated properly will be more productive.

So kick off to the TM, be polite but firm with them to start with, if you get no joy then time to leave.

muckles:
you and your mate are also assets and like the truck, assets treated properly will be more productive.

And this is what most co bosses fail to grasp.
I have worked for a couple of firms who did fully understand this, and it was a whole different ball game.
As I said on dozy’s ‘Not been paid’ thread, I was paid a basic wage only last week, only because the co was trying to make a point, so consequently I will be starting back this week, but not in the best frame of mind exactly.
So I will undoubtedly be a complete arse and not giving an inch over other than what I am paid to do.
As soon as these firms understand your point, the better for all of us.

I’ve had this happen to me a few times, can left a mess, things stolen, someone sleeping in/on my bedding. I told our TM I wouldn’t be doing a night out in it until he got it valetted. He whinged and moaned for a bit, but eventually saw my point of view when I asked for his house keys so I could go and kip in his bed in my full gear

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

At my last firm a manager would inspect inside the cab when driver had gone home, he could live like a slob while driving but when he left that tractor at the yard it had better be up to company cleanliness standards in case another driver had to use it. I don’t know about over there but here if they give you another used sleeper tractor they have to install a new mattress if you tell them if your going to sleep in it.

Had a lot of this at a firm and then they made everyone wash down and empty everything at the end of your week. No exceptions. Right ball ache all because of idiots.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

When I read crap like this I realise what an excellent company I work for.
Apart from the fact we are on excellent pay and conditions, when we are on holiday, the relief driver on our wagon if he needs a night out gets put in a hotel. He is NOT expected to kip in a designated truck for both his hygiene and ours.

cheers for all the replies , i am back in my own wagon tonight after not been in it for 2 weeks so hopefully its ok but if not ill sit there and clean it till it is :smiley:

Our place don’t give F who or what drives your truck if you’re off! :imp:

But I did make a point 2 years ago when I was expected to drive a [zb] tip…

Complaint fell on deaf ears, so…

I posted the interior on social media…

Manager got wind, and saw pictures…

Never did have a go at me, but jeezz! did he go through everyone in the office for not keeping an eye on the trucks!!! :smiling_imp:

Still have those photos on my phone somewhere - just to remind them if ever need be! :smiling_imp:

Goldfinger:
Our place don’t give F who or what drives your truck if you’re off! :imp:

But I did make a point 2 years ago when I was expected to drive a [zb] tip…

Complaint fell on deaf ears, so…

I posted the interior on social media…

Manager got wind, and saw pictures…

Never did have a go at me, but jeezz! did he go through everyone in the office for not keeping an eye on the trucks!!! :smiling_imp:

Still have those photos on my phone somewhere - just to remind them if ever need be! :smiling_imp:

Lets see them then

msgyorkie:
When I read crap like this I realise what an excellent company I work for.
Apart from the fact we are on excellent pay and conditions, when we are on holiday, the relief driver on our wagon if he needs a night out gets put in a hotel. He is NOT expected to kip in a designated truck for both his hygiene and ours.

yeah right

We are very fortunate at our place, as there is only 3 artic drivers, and when we are off, the boss stands the truck down, so no mingers in the trucks. He has a great deal of pride in his small fleet, and needs the trucks looking after both internally and externally.

Even more so from tomorrow, as my brand new XFSSC arrives, and one of the other guys gets his in 2 weeks.

I have to add though, that of the three of us, one lad does 2 nights out, the other does 1, and I do none, but will stand in if needed. Not bad considering I have only done 1 night out so far this year.

Ken.