Dust cart Artic trailers

Has any one else notice the all white dustcart artics about ?
What they carrying and where ? As I noticed there’s no bin lift on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive seen them about but when ive seen them there collecting glass and paper.

Was wondering same myself?

I’ve seen Gees of Wakefield pulling them, but by looks they are brand new, and possibly just delivering them from the factory?

Saw 1 in walsall this week pulling a trailer of steel didn’t look right at all,poor bugger driving didn’t look that impressed.

Wonder would they be static at a factory and changed over when full

I’ve wondered about them too, seen them heading northbound on the M6 nr Rugby.

I’ve seen one of them with the three axles spread far apart. Steering axles maybe? Thought that one had a lift on though.

I

Do you mean like this? Works on the same princapal as a class 2 bin lorry but without the hopper, we use them to go to satalite sites then the class 2 meet us, tip into the back and we takenit then to be turned into RDF.

jpalbion:
Do you mean like this? Works on the same princapal as a class 2 bin lorry but without the hopper, we use them to go to satalite sites then the class 2 meet us, tip into the back and we takenit then to be turned into RDF.

Yep

jpalbion:

Had to Google that.
RDF Refuse Derived Fuel?
So its waste for burning? But if the heat is used its OK as opposed to an incineration plant where the heat is wasted?

James96:

Imagine one of them trying to get round the terraces streets in Birmingham :smiley:

Very cool! Thanks for the pics and explanation :sunglasses:

Franglais:

jpalbion:

Had to Google that.
RDF Refuse Derived Fuel?
So its waste for burning? But if the heat is used its OK as opposed to an incineration plant where the heat is wasted?

It’s not even that

A waste incineration plant (even if the energy is recovered) has negative connotations whereas a “refuse derived fuel” plant has a positive ring and who wants a waste incinerator next door but a “RDF” well thats OK

Regards
Spud

Spud1960:

Franglais:

jpalbion:

Had to Google that.
RDF Refuse Derived Fuel?

It’s not even that

A waste incineration plant (even if the energy is recovered) has negative connotations whereas a “refuse derived fuel” plant has a positive ring and who wants a waste incinerator next door but a “RDF” well thats OK

Regards
Spud

Exactly so. All in the spin.
That`s why we have brave undercover agents who carry out clandestine acts against the industrial fabric of opposing powers.
They have cowardly spies hiding in disguises who sabotage our civilian infrastructure.

James96:

Who do you drive for James? Looks like our yard PHS under the m5 in west brom?

jpalbion:

So they act as a mobile transfer station? What’s the Tare on them? Can’t see them legally carrying much more than 20 tonne?

RB84:

jpalbion:

So they act as a mobile transfer station? What’s the Tare on them? Can’t see them legally carrying much more than 20 tonne?

Yeah thats the best way to describe them, and it weighs in empty with an XF 106 superspace 24540, they are replacing the motor for a CF with the dinky wheel to enable more weight soon.

jpalbion:

RB84:

jpalbion:

Yeah thats the best way to describe them, and it weighs in empty with an XF 106 superspace 24540, they are replacing the motor for a CF with the dinky wheel to enable more weight soon.

Tare weights have gotten a lot heavier now everything’s got all the emissions and safety stuff fitted. I guess a heavy tare doesn’t matter too much when your only paying for one tip instead of two or three though!

Where I previously worked the old double drives pulling ejector trailers were similar tare weight, that’s why they were replacing the trailers with walking floor types as they were 6+ ton lighter.