Urban Artics & Rigids

Don t know if anyones interested , but a mate of mne has this MAN for sale

39c Hoppo.jpg

our lot have brought about 6 urban trailers lately, i think they will eventually replace the rigids as they are more flexible. ive not pulled one yet but i would like to!!

do you think this is an urban car transporter?.. :laughing:

One of Eddie Stobarts Urban Artics with a Scania R 6 x 2 at Tesco’s Carlisle Metro store.
Kindest regards
CG

One of the Coop Groups Urbans with a Volvo FM12 4 x 2 at Maryport Coop
Kindest regards
CG

The stobart and co-op are not proper urban artics they are just short trailers.

Seany:

Hello Seany
Sorry marra. I assumed this thread was also interested in all Urban Trucks & Trailers after seeing the Transam Trucking DAF XF, which is also not a proper urban artic.
Sorry marra
Kindest regards
CG

■■■■■■■■ gill:

Seany:

Hello Seany
Sorry marra. I assumed this thread was also interested in all Urban Trucks & Trailers after seeing the Transam Trucking DAF XF, which is also not a proper urban artic.
Sorry marra
Kindest regards
CG

Maybe a silly question but whats the difference? Rear steer? We have 10 meter rear steer and 8 meter trailers which are easier to get in some places than the rigids.

my dad drove a dray lorry for Tennents (Excel Tradeteam) for 25ish years. he mostly drove Volvo FL6/FLCs during the day on deliveries. They had Vovlo FL7s on the night trunk. i dont have too many photos but always shared a liking for the wee volvos, then they got leyland 55s, now i think they have MANs but he doesnt work there anymore. I unfortunately dont have any photos but found theses (liverlies i remember) on google.

shame i didnt have any photos from his time there

So these units are effectively a very short 7.5t chassis with a fifth wheel?

nsmith1180:
So these units are effectively a very short 7.5t chassis with a fifth wheel?

No these are more like 12 to 14 ton chassis shortened usually 6 cylinder motors any one know of a daf 55 lf version for sale ?

Cw commercials are selling one with a trailer

This was the first Urban Artic on Phillips petrolium north tees,i got it from new.

These were in every town centre when I was on parcels

A Wm Armstrong (Longtown) Foden Alpha 4 x 2 urban artic.
Last seen on Ebay for sale (for parts)
Kindest regards
CG

119.jpg

Wheel Nut:

These were in every town centre when I was on parcels

Im pretty certain I saw that unit going down the M1 the other day. Looked cute, like they couldn’t afford the real thing. :wink:

here’s one awaiting restoration gtw 20000kg

not a good pic, its the little green one hiding behind the transformer
have seen a pic of it on internet in Rheem Blagdens colours when it was new

I found one, in traffic on the M1! Its liveried to that bakery firm that you can never remember the name of. DAF LF chassis and a full length, single axel trailer.

another one i found on an old phone