Dvsa(Vosa)staff-low paid job?

Was parked today in Ros-on-Wye opposite check point.Just wonderfully who was parked inside 4 car who’s I think belong to staff.One car 55 reg,another 61 reg and just Ford,Vw.Yes they mainly 50 years plus but most truck drivers have more new car but moaning about bad life.

What’s a decent car to do with anything?

I run a 4 year old Vauxhall Combo van now, before it was a 9 year old Vauxhall Combo van. I could have a brand new 4x4 or flash Audi, but CBA.

Heres your chance then, just had this emailed to me :slight_smile:

Vehicle Standards Assessor

Locations: Nationwide

£20,855

Whilst the basic salary is £20,855, the overall salary (inclusive of allowances) will range from £26,945 to £30,945.

Ref: 1571997

Do you have mechanical experience on anything from cars to HGVs?

Great eye for detail?

Want to make a difference to road safety in Great Britain?

If so, this is a brilliant opportunity to join the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). We’re the government agency dedicated to helping people stay safe on Great Britain’s roads.

We’re looking to recruit mechanically talented people who have a positive attitude and work ethic, with great customer focus and a high level of professionalism.

The job role

As a Vehicle Standards Assessor (VSA), you’ll use your knowledge and experience to carry out technical examinations on a variety of vehicles to ensure they are legally compliant. Working at a number of Authorised Testing Facilities (ATF’s), you’ll become a recognised expert in roadworthiness standards for the HGV and PSV industries. You’ll play a key part in providing a high quality service and offering advice on vehicle safety and maintenance.

Working hours and salary

You’ll work an average of 37 hours per week, working flexibly over the course of the year.

Your salary will range from £26,945 - £30,945 (inclusive of allowances), depending on location. There are also monthly flexibility payments available if you meet certain criteria.

What you get

We offer a generous benefits package including a lease car, excellent pension, salary sacrifice scheme and much more.

You’ll receive a 16-week training programme as part of your induction to ensure you have the right skills and knowledge for your role. In addition, we will fund an IRTEC accreditation, plus on-going professional development

Benefits

Competitive rate of pay.
Generous annual leave entitlement.
Excellent pension options.
Option of a lease car.
Full DVSA clothing and equipment provided.
Dedicated training programme to enhance your skills set, including a DVSA-funded industry accreditation (IRTEC), plus on-going professional development.
A range of policies and services to support well-being and good work-life balance, e.g. flexible working arrangements, childcare vouchers, Employee Assistance Programme.
Work on great terms with other enthusiastic professionals.
Closing date: 12 March 2018

Job Types: Full-time, Permanent

Salary: £20,855.00 /year

“Other enthusiastic professionals”

Read: over-zealous, jumped up wee gimps who still wet the bed and cry due to being bullied by children.

BT.

albion:
What’s a decent car to do with anything?

I run a 4 year old Vauxhall Combo van now, before it was a 9 year old Vauxhall Combo van. I could have a brand new 4x4 or flash Audi, but CBA.

On the opposite side some people drive flash Audis taken on credit and count their last pounds in the end of the month…

Andrejs:
Was parked today in Ros-on-Wye opposite check point.Just wonderfully who was parked inside 4 car who’s I think belong to staff.One car 55 reg,another 61 reg and just Ford,Vw.Yes they mainly 50 years plus but most truck drivers have more new car but moaning about bad life.

You will misjudge a lot of people if you judge them by their cars!

Mazzer2:

Andrejs:

Аgree.But most drivers get 30k+ But talk who no money for nothing .

Andrejs:

I think this might be your most retarded post ever.

I use my ‘worst’ car for work as there is not much point having something nice parked in the yard for weeks sometimes, some people at work might assume my 2001 Lexus IS200 is the only car I have but at home and in my garages are four other car’s worth thousands OWNED out right not on finance like 90% of my neighbours cars.

My car is an 05 reg worth about £300 but strangely enough it gets me to work and back in pretty much the same way as an 18 plate car costing £30,000 would.

Harry Monk:
My car is an 05 reg worth about £300 but strangely enough it gets me to work and back in pretty much the same way as an 18 plate car costing £30,000 would.

Another business owner on my Ind Est bought a very nice big Merc, and seriously it is lovely, but as he said, after a few weeks, the novelty wore off and it could have been an average Ford.

many cars sit idle for long periods…trampers…international etc so its not worth taking anything decent to get damaged or weather beaten etc…so no you must not judge a person by his car…i always leave the rolls royce at home and use the E class Merc for work or tottering around…my Veyron has never been out, of the box. :smiley:

manski:

£20,855

Whilst the basic salary is £20,855, the overall salary (inclusive of allowances) will range from £26,945 to £30,945.

Great eye for detail?

If so, this is a brilliant opportunity to join the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). We’re the government agency dedicated to helping people stay safe on Great Britain’s roads.

We’re looking to recruit mechanically talented people who have a positive attitude and work ethic, with great customer focus and a high level of professionalism.

The job role

As a Vehicle Standards Assessor (VSA), you’ll use your knowledge and experience to carry out technical examinations on a variety of vehicles to ensure they are legally compliant. Working at a number of Authorised Testing Facilities (ATF’s), you’ll become a recognised expert in roadworthiness standards for the HGV and PSV industries. You’ll play a key part in providing a high quality service and offering advice on vehicle safety and maintenance.

Working hours and salary

You’ll work an average of 37 hours per week, working flexibly over the course of the year.

Your salary will range from £26,945 - £30,945 (inclusive of allowances), depending on location. There are also monthly flexibility payments available if you meet certain criteria.

What you get

We offer a generous benefits package including a lease car, excellent pension, salary sacrifice scheme and much more.

You’ll receive a 16-week training programme as part of your induction to ensure you have the right skills and knowledge for your role. In addition, we will fund an IRTEC accreditation, plus on-going professional development

Benefits

Competitive rate of pay.
Option of a lease car.
Dedicated training programme to enhance your skills set, including a DVSA-funded industry accreditation (IRTEC), plus on-going professional development.
A range of policies and services to support well-being and good work-life balance, e.g. flexible working arrangements, childcare vouchers, Employee Assistance Programme.

Good money for 37hr week,

Looked at this “poacher turning gamekeeper” the applications close on the 12th, only problem was the code to do the imi test didn’t work,. Just about sums it up for a civil service job.

biggriffin:

manski:

£20,855

Great eye for detail?

The job role

Working hours and salary

What you get

Benefits

Competitive rate of pay.
Option of a lease car.

Looked at this “poacher turning gamekeeper” the applications close on the 12th, only problem was the code to do the imi test didn’t work,. Just about sums it up for a civil service job.

Really!!! national average £26k per year, anti social hours in all weathers abuse from Billy Big Balls (although to be fair I’ve never seen anyone give them grief). Not sure on the tax take on a wage in the UK but am guessing you wouldn’t be taking home much more than £1500 a month, works out gross £400 per week. I’ll make sure no payslips are on display next time I’m stopped wouldn’t want to upset them more than necessary

Mazzer2:

biggriffin:

manski:

£20,855

Great eye for detail?

The job role

Working hours and salary

What you get

Benefits

Competitive rate of pay.
Option of a lease car.

Really!!! national average £26k per year, anti social hours in all weathers abuse from Billy Big Balls (although to be fair I’ve never seen anyone give them grief). Not sure on the tax take on a wage in the UK but am guessing you wouldn’t be taking home much more than £1500 a month, works out gross £400 per week. I’ll make sure no payslips are on display next time I’m stopped wouldn’t want to upset them more than necessary

It’s working in atfs, no roadside work, look at the bigger picture, dam good pension, leased car(reduced rate) and the start is 20k, then add the enhancements it’s 30k for a 37hr wk, if your prepared to travel to other atf’s within the M25 more enhancements,no weekends,no bank holidays. etc.

There are at least two chaps on these forums that have experience of this company and are normally very helpful [emoji14]

movingon.blog.gov.uk/2018/03/08 … -examiner/

Lights blue touch paper, stands well back with eyes closed and hands over ears

Mazzer2:

Andrejs:

Or their dress sense :grimacing:

BlackTachograph:
“Other enthusiastic professionals”

Read: over-zealous, jumped up wee gimps who still wet the bed and cry due to being bullied by children.

BT.

And…must be willing to wear vastly oversized gimp suits (re hi viz). maybe theyre only supplied in 5xxxl…

mrginge:
I use my ‘worst’ car for work , some people at work might assume my 2001 Lexus IS200 is the only car I have

You could at least get something that dont take a week to get to 60 mph, unlike like my second car 2002 IS300 … :slight_smile:

There’s not a single new car sold in Britain now that i would want to own, they’re ugly in drab colours, all look the same (cloned like their drivers?), and by the time they’re 7 years old these new electronic stuffed jobbies will be plundering your wallet to keep them running, hence the 3/4 year repeat PCP/leasing yoke many have willingly slung around their necks for something they will never own, like their abodes? :bulb:

I’ll keep my older Japanese cars ta very much, they don’t owe me a bean and constantly prove themselves more dependable than this european crap.