Dvsa(Vosa)staff-low paid job?

Trying to guess what someone earns based on the car they drive is just plain dumb.

I remember my sister asking my Dad how that 1600 Cortina had been able to overtake our 3 litre Capri, my Dad just said “because he’s going faster than us!” It shouldn’t have needed explaining even though she was about 10 years old at the time.

My boss is a very wealthy man but drives an 07 plate E class merc. Just someone with no interest in cars. Many of the drivers have better cars than him mainly on pcp deals but each to there own.

kr79:
My boss is a very wealthy man but drives an 07 plate E class merc. Just someone with no interest in cars. Many of the drivers have better cars than him mainly on pcp deals but each to there own.

Particularly when I had the 9 year old ex GPO combo, no one would ever guess from the car park it belonged to the boss. They’d have gone for the 2 year old Merc or the brand new Scirocco with all the trimmings.

Really!!! national average £26k per year, anti social hours in all weathers abuse from Billy Big Balls (although to be fair I’ve never seen anyone give them grief). Not sure on the tax take on a wage in the UK but am guessing you wouldn’t be taking home much more than £1500 a month, works out gross £400 per week. I’ll make sure no payslips are on display next time I’m stopped wouldn’t want to upset them more than necessary
[/quote]
This is what your working with, its 37 hours what would you get for 37 hours make it up your the one on buttons

raymundo:

mrginge:
I use my ‘worst’ car for work , some people at work might assume my 2001 Lexus IS200 is the only car I have

You could at least get something that dont take a week to get to 60 mph, unlike like my second car 2002 IS300 … :slight_smile:

Tell me about it, that 6 speed with the power/weight of the car is soul destroying but I have had it 2 yrs and only replaced tyres and front discs. Been locking at manual mk5 golf r32’s but over £500 a year tax to do maybe 5k a year mileage is excessive ha.

One of my Corrado VR6’s only did 700 miles last year, have not used it since July so I have to keep holding back on buying anything else and keeping the boring lexus that just keeps going and starting when left for weeks at work.