Maritime warn of delays at Dover

post Brexit without deal

a.msn.com/r/2/BBJ7cLt?m=en-gb

Article in a newspaper that is completely anti-Brexit by a company that doesn’t use Dover would take it with a pinch of salt. Roughly 50% of HGV’s leaving Dover are empty according to P & O so that is 50% who will not need to clear customs unless you will need a CMR for exporting British air. The queues on the French side will be far worse yet oddly enough no one mentions this

Its an article in the grauniad, just as with the state television broadcaster, expect a fair minded non sensationalist article :laughing:

njl:
post Brexit without deal

a.msn.com/r/2/BBJ7cLt?m=en-gb

Influence over power apprently.
The Gaurdian playing to it’s captive audience who are ■■■■■■ off because they will need visas to go the the second home in tuscany.
Next it will be all about the Brexit skinny latte shortage.
On a positive note.
If you are hourly paid and stuck in operation stack think of the overtime.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mazzer2:
Article in a newspaper that is completely anti-Brexit by a company that doesn’t use Dover would take it with a pinch of salt. Roughly 50% of HGV’s leaving Dover are empty according to P & O so that is 50% who will not need to clear customs unless you will need a CMR for exporting British air. The queues on the French side will be far worse yet oddly enough no one mentions this

Bit worrying that for a country that is now supposedly fit to stand alone…

Darkside:

Mazzer2:

Maybe more of a sign that we import too much?

TiredAndEmotional:

Darkside:

Mazzer2:

Maybe more of a sign that we import too much?

Maybe a sign that we need those imports?

the nodding donkey:

Want is a bit different from need ND and I think in our push button society people give little thought as to whether they need something or whether it’s from a factory using slave labour thereby perpetuating the misery of those people so we can have cheap ■■■■ imported by the shipload.

TiredAndEmotional:

the nodding donkey:

Want is a bit different from need ND and I think in our push button society people give little thought as to whether they need something or whether it’s from a factory using slave labour thereby perpetuating the misery of those people so we can have cheap [zb] imported by the shipload.

I fully agree.

Like many people I voted to leave the EU (don’t like the term Brexit as it was dreamed up by the BBC hairy fanny tree hugging brigade)

For me, I voted that way because I recognised that the EU ladens us with beuraucracy and ties the hands of our industries. I also recognise that we IMPORT far more than we EXPORT and this is something any box jockey or ferry trailer dragger will confirm…full reloads for the port are not that common, tends to be part loads that are lumped together as groupage or run back empty. I also see so many foreign hauliers parked up weekending at Immingham kicking the arse out of cabotage rules and keeping rates at £1.30 a mile as they pay their drivers in marlboro lights and jazz mags…as well as foreign drivers working for UK firms ‘free movement of labour’ (plugging the ‘driver shortage’) and effecting supply and demand and keeping wages at rock bottom for the most part.

Therefore I want a change, I want to see a level playing field for foreign hauliers doing UK work and I want foreign drivers to want to be part of the UK if they decide to work here, not just drive here because they’re UK wages are worth ten cart horses and a mansion in Gdansk and they can live in the truck on cabbage and vodka and send their money home.

The firm I do most of my driving for struggle to find UK drivers as they pay their ‘employed’ drivers peanuts. They pay their employed drivers peanuts because the rates the ferry lines pay are crap. The rates the ferry lines pay are crap because EE firms will drag the trailers and boxes on cheap fuel paying crap wages and if the ferry lines pay less…they make more profit. It’s basic economics which is caused by the ‘free movement of labour’ and the varying cost of living between EU member states.

So for me, as usual Juddian is correct…this article is ■■■■■■■■ scare mongering and lazy journalism. The problem is, if we talk about how disasterous leaving the EU will be on our economy for long enough, the markets will get jittery and it may just come true. My opinion is: you bearded hipster artisan ale drinking vegans shut the ■■■■ up and start embracing change.

Mazzer2:

I think you’ll find that Martime UK is nothing to do with Maritime Transport

ako444:
Like many people I voted to leave the EU (don’t like the term Brexit as it was dreamed up by the BBC hairy fanny tree hugging brigade)

For me, I voted that way because I recognised that the EU ladens us with beuraucracy and ties the hands of our industries. I also recognise that we IMPORT far more than we EXPORT and this is something any box jockey or ferry trailer dragger will confirm…full reloads for the port are not that common, tends to be part loads that are lumped together as groupage or run back empty. I also see so many foreign hauliers parked up weekending at Immingham kicking the arse out of cabotage rules and keeping rates at £1.30 a mile as they pay their drivers in marlboro lights and jazz mags…as well as foreign drivers working for UK firms ‘free movement of labour’ (plugging the ‘driver shortage’) and effecting supply and demand and keeping wages at rock bottom for the most part.

Therefore I want a change, I want to see a level playing field for foreign hauliers doing UK work and I want foreign drivers to want to be part of the UK if they decide to work here, not just drive here because they’re UK wages are worth ten cart horses and a mansion in Gdansk and they can live in the truck on cabbage and vodka and send their money home.

The firm I do most of my driving for struggle to find UK drivers as they pay their ‘employed’ drivers peanuts. They pay their employed drivers peanuts because the rates the ferry lines pay are crap. The rates the ferry lines pay are crap because EE firms will drag the trailers and boxes on cheap fuel paying crap wages and if the ferry lines pay less…they make more profit. It’s basic economics which is caused by the ‘free movement of labour’ and the varying cost of living between EU member states.

So for me, as usual Juddian is correct…this article is [zb] scare mongering and lazy journalism. The problem is, if we talk about how disasterous leaving the EU will be on our economy for long enough, the markets will get jittery and it may just come true. My opinion is: you bearded hipster artisan ale drinking vegans shut the [zb] up and start embracing change.

Yeah! What you said.
Exactly that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ako444:
I also recognise that we IMPORT far more than we EXPORT and this is something any box jockey or ferry trailer dragger will confirm…full reloads for the port are not that common, tends to be part loads that are lumped together as groupage or run back empty. .

I totally agree with your comment above ako444. I often return to France empty, after having come over with a full load of fresh and frozen.

ako444:

The problem is, if we talk about how disasterous leaving the EU will be on our economy for long enough, the markets will get jittery and it may just come true. My opinion is: you bearded hipster artisan ale drinking vegans shut the [zb] up and start embracing change.

nail on head

Juddian:

ako444:

The problem is, if we talk about how disasterous leaving the EU will be on our economy for long enough, the markets will get jittery and it may just come true. My opinion is: you bearded hipster artisan ale drinking vegans shut the [zb] up and start embracing change.
[/quote]

nail on head

What about us clean shaven, working class, lager drinking meat eaters who have concerns?

Juddian:
Its an article in the grauniad, just as with the state television broadcaster, expect a fair minded non sensationalist article :laughing:

Project Fear MK2 has been smouldering away and ignited last week when it was ‘revealed’ that the areas in Britain that will be worse off economically (in 15 years time) after Brexit will be, surprise surprise, those which voted for it.
London, however, - and many ‘Remain’ areas - will be largely unaffected.

Who would have guessed eh? I’m surprised it took them so long.

Darkside:
What about us clean shaven, working class, lager drinking meat eaters who have concerns?

If you’re working class mate you can shout your concerns from the rooftops…nobody will listen!! However, if you’re called Sebastian and work in the media, employed to shoe-horn anti-leave propaganda into every article then you may just effect change…after all “if these poorly educated oiks get there way, it will be so difficult for daddy to keep hold of the summer retreat in Perpignan.”

In all honesty though, I think we all have concerns but I explained my rationale above as to why I think we need change

When will remainers stop this crap .Ancestory uk is blasting out a lot of tripe on tv aswell .
Sick of it to be honest .We are not leaving europe we are leaving the poxy EU dictatorship…We need proper border control end of .

ako444:

So for me, as usual Juddian is correct…this article is [zb] scare mongering and lazy journalism. The problem is, if we talk about how disasterous leaving the EU will be on our economy for long enough, the markets will get jittery and it may just come true. My opinion is: you bearded hipster artisan ale drinking vegans shut the [zb] up and start embracing change.

I think in a few years time you will not like that change…

scottie0011:

Mazzer2:

I think you’ll find that Martime UK is nothing to do with Maritime Transport

https://www.maritimeuk.org/

Fair one but the Guardian is still the Guardian