Eurocargo speedo and tacho not working

Hi guys, after some help with our 2008 Eurocargo 75e17, yesterday the speedo, tacho, limiter and digital odometer all stopped working, I’m guessing obviously all these units are connected and one system has failed. I have checked the fuse box and although there is no diagram there are only about 15 fuses. I have pulled all of these and they all seem to be ok so I’m sure the problem lies elsewhere but I’m lost as to where to start, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Many thanks Dan.

They are probably all run from the same ecu - circuit board - relay or connector .
Time to get an auto electrician with diagnostics on it , if not a simple problem could develop into an expensive one .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

horseboxdriver:
Hi guys, after some help with our 2008 Eurocargo 75e17, yesterday the speedo, tacho, limiter and digital odometer all stopped working, I’m guessing obviously all these units are connected and one system has failed. I have checked the fuse box and although there is no diagram there are only about 15 fuses. I have pulled all of these and they all seem to be ok so I’m sure the problem lies elsewhere but I’m lost as to where to start, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Many thanks Dan.

It’s probably due to the vehicle being a steaming pile of turd.

Happy to help.

Crack on, lean forward and enjoy :smiley:

The guy that had it before you forgot to take his magnet off :unamused: :open_mouth: :laughing:

I had the same problem on my Actros a couple of years back which turned out to be a faulty speed sensor on the gearbox. New sensor, tacho recalibration and was back on the road.

if it is a Horsebox and tacho exempt, the Digi tacho has not been calibrated and the internal battery failed.
When they calibrate a digi tacho they will change the internal battery.
If that is the case, you will need a new tachohead, as they cannot be revived, it looses all his parameters.
the Digi tacho in a truck controls your limiter etc, and its prohobided to use your vehicle in that state.

Its cheaper to keep you tacho in calibration and updated, a new tachohead is approx £500 + Vat and Labour, a calibration you can have for a £100 approx