Tacho fault

My unit appears to have developed a fault on the tacho - when stopped it will register a short bit of movement, not a problem if on o/w, but it’s caught me out a couple of times today on break, when it flicks it then onto o/w. I’ve defected it, and it’ll be going in shortly when I get back, but just wondering if anybody’s got any guesses what it might be?

I’m thinking possibly speed sensor, as a couple of times when I’ve been sitting on cruise, it’s put the exhaust brake on and knocked the cruise off, then goes back to normal within a second or 2, with the speedo flicking until it stabilises.

Am I ok to pull the card when I have my 45s so i don’t have to sit and watch it for the whole duration? I’ve parked up for the night, pulled the card and it’s just come up with driving without card!

Gary

No reason why you cant pull the card when on break. If parked in your yard, its reasonable to be asked to let someone else drive it whilst you’re on break. Just do a manual entry for the missing time.

What age and make of truck is it? Volvo sender units used to go faulty and affect cruise, speedo and tacho.

62 plate actros mp3 - sure it must be speed sensor, unless it’s simultaneously developed two closely linked faults.

If its saying the vehicle is driving even though you have parked up then this is an easy fix.

somwhere in the cab there is a small black lever. Whenever you are parked you must apply this. What it does is stop all movement of the vehicle. It has a technical name but it escapes me…

Parking brake thats it

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Long distance clara:
If its saying the vehicle is driving even though you have parked up then this is an easy fix.

somwhere in the cab there is a small black lever. Whenever you are parked you must apply this. What it does is stop all movement of the vehicle. It has a technical name but it escapes me…

Parking brake thats it

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Any idea what the pair of symbols in the middle of the top line mean? Can’t find that combination online…

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384429027.231367.jpg

Gary