Will to live?

Bus driver came in today complaining that he could not see the “bus stopping” sign in the cab.
I asked who is stopping the bus?
He looked at me confused
I said Who is putting the brakes on?
Still drew a blank!
This is the quality we have carrying up to a hundred of your children from school?
WTF is happening to the world?
This moron wants a sign in the cab telling him the bus is stopping.
Jesus!

Could it be he was asking where it was for the benefit of his passengers maybe?

So how will he know if someone has requested the bus to stop? I have used my local buses recently, all single deckers, and they are absolutely rammed - standing room only at the busy times. Felt like a sardine on the bloody thing. So if someone presses the button / bell to get off, how will he know? Just stop at every stop just in case? It’s shows him important information, and if me I’d want mine working to, to be honest. It can hardly be a big fix now can it?

Londontrucker123:
So how will he know if someone has requested the bus to stop? I have used my local buses recently, all single deckers, and they are absolutely rammed - standing room only at the busy times. Felt like a sardine on the bloody thing. So if someone presses the button / bell to get off, how will he know? Just stop at every stop just in case? It’s shows him important information, and if me I’d want mine working to, to be honest. It can hardly be a big fix now can it?

Because it has an audible buzzer in the cab normally. Along with some form of dashboard indication. Maybe this is what the guy was referring to?

Reading Bking’s posts it’s no wonder that drivers sometimes regard spanner monkeys as ignorant cave-dwellers.

There is a light on the dash that illuminates when someone presses the button for the next stop. That is clearly what the driver was referring to.

toonsy:

Londontrucker123:

Because it has an audible buzzer in the cab normally. Along with some form of dashboard indication. Maybe this is what the guy was referring to?

I was on my local bus just last week, packed in, was stood near the driver, could see his ‘bus stopping’ light lit up, but a buzzer? Never heard a thing, and never heard of one either. I imagine such a thing buzzing all the way to a stop would get very annoying very quickly.

AndrewG:

It was working in the saloon he wanted one in the bloody cab.Maybe you would need one too?

Londontrucker123:

A bell icon appears on the dash board when some body presses the buttons. And guess what the bell rings.

They generally buzz once in the cab, in the same way as the passengers got the bell.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Olog Hai:
Reading Bking’s posts it’s no wonder that drivers sometimes regard spanner monkeys as ignorant cave-dwellers.

There is a light on the dash that illuminates when someone presses the button for the next stop. That is clearly what the driver was referring to.

If you’ve read any of his posts before you’ll know that dear old BKing isn’t blessed with much in the braincell department and is on par with potted plants in the IQ levels, probably why he’s finding it so hard to comprehend a simple request from a driver.

A.

Feels like a deliberate trolling for reactions post to me.
Either that or he’s proven beyond doubt that fitters really are thicker than engine oil and not to be trusted with anything more complicated than a spanner and shouldnt be questioning the driver about things

AndrewG:

+1 .

The-Snowman:
Feels like a deliberate trolling for reactions post to me.
Either that or he’s proven beyond doubt that fitters really are thicker than engine oil and not to be trusted with anything more complicated than a spanner and shouldnt be questioning the driver about things

+1 I saw through him the second he mentioned that he fixed fridge units!!! Not on your nelly Mr Bikini

May be the previous driver had covered up / displaced the ‘Bus Stopping’ sign. Who could blame him, must be a pain in the arris having to keep stopping all the bloody time. Get it out of town onto the open road and ‘keep her lit’ who wants to be bothered with the great unwashed? Head up onto the A75, tuck in behind a couple of Loggers and its Flat to the Mat all the way up to Glen Trool. Bolloxs with all this passengers wanting to get on and off nonsense, I reckon most of them would enjoy the ride…

Does the “bus stopping” sign light up automatically when the driver brakes, or does he switch it on manually on the approach to a bus stop?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The passengers switch it on when they press one of the red buttons in the saloon.

This illuminates a ‘bus stopping’ sign in the saloon and sounds a bell, which tells the driver someone wants to leave the bus at the next available stop.

Bluey Circles:
May be the previous driver had covered up / displaced the ‘Bus Stopping’ sign. Who could blame him, must be a pain in the arris having to keep stopping all the bloody time. Get it out of town onto the open road and ‘keep her lit’ who wants to be bothered with the great unwashed? Head up onto the A75, tuck in behind a couple of Loggers and its Flat to the Mat all the way up to Glen Trool. Bolloxs with all this passengers wanting to get on and off nonsense, I reckon most of them would enjoy the ride…

Love it…sounds a bit like the South Wales Airforce…old coach industry hands will know of whom I speak :wink:

Bluey Circles:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6
are you trying to imply that scottish bus drivers tend not to care abut their passengers??

youtube.com/watch?v=bKLNww-lcX0

youtube.com/watch?v=VTRsW-7dNCc

Londontrucker123:

toonsy:

Londontrucker123:

I was on my local bus just last week, packed in, was stood near the driver, could see his ‘bus stopping’ light lit up, but a buzzer? Never heard a thing, and never heard of one either. I imagine such a thing buzzing all the way to a stop would get very annoying very quickly.

It’s not a constant buzz. Its a sharp short buzz/bell sound to bring attention to the driver, as is the light on the dashboard.

Adonis.:

Olog Hai:

If you’ve read any of his posts before you’ll know that dear old BKing isn’t blessed with much in the braincell department and is on par with potted plants in the IQ levels, probably why he’s finding it so hard to comprehend a simple request from a driver.

A.

Ha ha pot kettle or what. :smiley: