The Will To Live

As each hour passes mine is evaporating.

I’ll just say Lidl.

In 0735 in the booking in queue for over an hour to be given a pager. Went to ask if the thing was actually working after another 4 hrs and told it was and just wait.

My boss rings and says ‘how’s it looking?’

I say ‘like I’m retiring this Friday’!

Why do I put up with this crap?

Thanks for listening;)

I don’t think it’s working, try giving it a sharp knock.

fredthered:
Why do I put up with this crap?

Getting paid to do nothing. First world problems.

Shut your curtains and hop on the bed, almost guaranteed to get a buzz the moment you put your jammies on.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bk57K4OGrAg

Being paid pounds sterling to do nothing for 4 hours. That sound like hell to me. Give me 6 x 18 hour days carrying bricks on my head in a third world country for half that money in a worthless currency any day. I’m sure my will to live will increase tenfold.

Could be worse, could have this job:-

indeed.co.uk/cmp/Toby-Transp … Hgv+Driver

£100 a day. Self tipping, warehouse work thrown in. Lovely stuff! “Not afraid of hard work”!

My favourite line;

“Driver Assessment on successful application.Not afraid of hard work.You must have the ability to be professional at all times.Must have a good command of the English language”

Ha the irony :laughing: . They were being deliberately ironic weren’t they?

It seems the career opportunity at aldi goldthorpe is not quite as rosy as it seems

£100/day self employed !!
As it says PAYE rate to be discussed .

I was getting £150/ day PAYE flat 5 years ago

Anyways OP im guessing you at bridgend ?

At least you got a pager and not stood in a fighty queue listening for a faint whisper from exKGB allocating a bay .

Im trying to help you see the brightside here but its not much help i know

And remember when you do get a bay , probs have to wait couple of hours for key to pallet truck as 1’s with keys are flat , and 1’s with full batteries share 1 key between 6 !!

In situations like that can you still book waiting time, and if so what rate is it these days?

Pete.

4 hours…get the chalk ready… :smiley: :smiley:

Oh i do miss General Haulage…NOT :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

4 hours waiting to unload ? that’s nowt, I’ve been sitting here since 8 pm last Saturday and we may get tipped on Friday !! :slight_smile:

tango boy:
Oh i do miss General Haulage…NOT :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

At least I only do RDC’s once in a blue moon. Last time I went to an RDC it was March and it was Gear Bear in Oldham. 3 hours to load 3 pallets of soap!

raymundo:
4 hours waiting to unload ? that’s nowt, I’ve been sitting here since 8 pm last Saturday and we may get tipped on Friday !! :slight_smile:

Nice :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

tango boy:

raymundo:

It’s bloody boring but I’ve gotten used to waiting about a week between jobs :frowning:

at heathrow today, book in to collect one aircraft pallet, finally get to desk, theres a 3 to 4 hour q driver,ok. inform office of this and they say ok wait we need that freight, one hour later office phone and ask are you loaded yet. err no. total time to load was 5 hours 40 mins of which 10 mins was on loading bay.

Where was the plane, still half way out across the Atlantic ?

raymundo:

tango boy:

raymundo:

It’s bloody boring but I’ve gotten used to waiting about a week between jobs :frowning:

At least you have us on TruckNet :wink: :wink: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Don’t know why people moan in these situations. Either get horizontal on the bed watching your eyelids or bang the tv on if you have one, watch a film on laptop whatever.
Getting paid for doing nowt doesn’t make me feel like loseing the will to live I’ll tell you that :smiley: