The Will To Live

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Don’t know why people moan in these situations. Either get horizontal on the bed watching your eyelids or bang the tv on if you have one, watch a film on laptop whatever.
Getting paid for doing nowt doesn’t make me feel like loseing the will to live I’ll tell you that :smiley:

On hours yeah, bit pants if salaried lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
What don’t get done today gets done tomorrow !!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

On the flipside I just got a 40’ box loaded with pallets of shampoo in 20 minutes, asked the lads how come I was loaded so quickly and was told its because im worth it. :wink:

Apparently 85% of truck drivers couldnt tell the difference between Lidls own brand of ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ when compared with one of the more well known brands.

tango boy:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Don’t know why people moan in these situations. Either get horizontal on the bed watching your eyelids or bang the tv on if you have one, watch a film on laptop whatever.
Getting paid for doing nowt doesn’t make me feel like loseing the will to live I’ll tell you that :smiley:

On hours yeah bit pants if salaried lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for ■■■■■■■ on my chips pal! :laughing: Yes I’ll grant you that.

Dipper_Dave:
On the flipside I just got a 40’ box loaded with pallets of shampoo in 20 minutes, asked the lads how come I was loaded so quickly and was told its because im worth it. :wink:

Apparently 85% of truck drivers couldnt tell the difference between Lidls own brand of ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ when compared with one of the more well known brands.

Never stop posting Dave!

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

tango boy:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

On hours yeah bit pants if salaried lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for ■■■■■■■ on my chips pal! :laughing: Yes I’ll grant you that.

Think yourself lucky, i get paid by the load :wink: :wink:

Yep I am loosing the will to live

Oh but that a different story

animal:

Still not on the road yet?

Radar19:

tango boy:
Oh i do miss General Haulage…NOT [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

At least I only do RDC’s once in a blue moon. Last time I went to an RDC it was March and it was Gear Bear in Oldham. 3 hours to load 3 pallets of soap!

I’m a regular there. Can’t complain. Love being paid for sleeping.

Radar19:

animal:

Still in plaster see surgeon 19 oct should have tis 1 off for good & be able to put weight on it then physio getting boring now mind

tango boy:

raymundo:

tango boy:

raymundo:
4 hours waiting to unload ? that’s nowt, I’ve been sitting here since 8 pm last Saturday and we may get tipped on Friday !! :slight_smile:

Nice :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

It’s bloody boring but I’ve gotten used to waiting about a week between jobs :frowning:

At least you have us on TruckNet :wink: :wink: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Haha And is that supposed to help relieve the boredom ? I suppose I could go find something to do to occupy my mind, but you don’t go buy a dog then bark yersen do you ? :slight_smile:

Ha ha Ray no ya don’t !! :laughing: :laughing:

animal:

Radar19:

animal:

Still in plaster see surgeon 19 oct should have tis 1 off for good & be able to put weight on it then physio getting boring now mind

Which foot is it? If you have an auto, I’d be going back to work! Get some lacky to open the back doors while you sit in the dry! :laughing:

Radar19:

animal:

Radar19:

animal:

Which foot is it? If you have an auto, I’d be going back to work! Get some lacky to open the back doors while you sit in the dry! :laughing:

I would but it is the right foot that is knackered will be back as soon as able to drive

I am on the same page as the OP. Sounds easy sitting around doing nothing except watch the pennies rolling in but it gets monotonous very quickly. I am supposed to be on Lidl every day this week but I have only done it once in 4 shifts although I have still somehow racked up over 50 hours with 2 shifts to go. The time passes quicker when you are actually working

Have to admit sitting around in canteens/on bays does my head in even ‘45s’ are too long for me :unamused: :blush:

Well I’m glad I shared! In the end it took 7 hours and 22 mins to deliver 29 euro pallets.

German efficiency eh! :wink:

fredthered:
Well I’m glad I shared! In the end it took 7 hours and 22 mins to deliver 29 euro pallets.

You do fak about lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tango boy:

fredthered:

Funnily that’s what the gaffer said so I reminded him that he paid me to watch two films have a kip and delivered the customers stuff for free! :wink:;):wink:

fredthered:

tango boy:

fredthered:

Funnily that’s what the gaffer said so I reminded him that he paid me to watch two films have a kip and delivered the customers stuff for free! :wink:;):wink:

You’ve only told him that so he doesn’t send you there again and he’s paying you for doing nowt! :wink:

it doesn’t matter if a driver is left hanging around. He is CHEAP. If there was a £100 ph demurrage charge kicking in after one hour, I think things would speed up