What is this world.coming to

Friend of mine, hgv driver, had a heart attack in his truck this week. He knew it was not good so got out of the cab down a fairly rural road. He then collapsed in middle of the road. A car came along and went around him up the verge to get past. Luckily another car followed and stopped and did the right thing. This is a sad old world if that person couldn’t even call an ambulance.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

But how is your mate doing ? hope he is OK …

first of all I hope your mate is ok. secondly with regard to the car not stopping unfortunately there are some crafty scum out there who would do anything to nick a car these day’s.
could of been a woman with kid’s in the car that did’nt stop. if not what a ■■■■■■■■■

It’s terrible. But if you don’t focus on the guy who didn’t stop, and focus on thinking about the guy who did and all of us that would have stopped too… the world isn’t that bad!

At least he went round him and not over him.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

He’s had a stent fitted. NHS let him down badly but where we live they are ■■■■■. Had a further attack in the ambulance and after the op. Seems cheery enough but obviously worrying times ahead with license etc. Main thing he survived. Only 59

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Its not the person who didnt stop whos the problem of what the world has come to, its the scum who used peoples good nature for criminal purposes which have now rendered stopping something to be wary about.
I would never stop but would at least call it in to 999

I’m a biker when I’m not a trucker.
Few months back I was on a main busy road stopped due to red light. Car in front set off . What I didn’t realise under his car was plank.of laminate flooring on the road. I went over it skidded and came off. .all the car drivers were to busy beeping there horns… some Muslim fella.and a woman came over and helped me up checked I was ok etc.
No body else did

A few years ago I was crossing the road in Northampton, and I saw a car stopped and parked at a funny angle, and the traffic behind had to go round it. No big deal as it was 2 lanes going in the same direction. This car was only blocking part of 1 lane. But almost every car was beeping their horn in anger. I crossed by the parked car, and there was a very heavily pregnant woman driving it who was holding her stomach and crying and screaming. An woman passer by was holding her hand and helping her and dialling for assitance. Those beeping cars really struck a nerve with me.

Driving through a local town one lunch time I saw a smartly dressed office type woman slip and hit the ground hard and then not move .
I stopped and nipped to her aid , as I approached I actually saw two women step over her prone body .
The only others that helped were the staff of a Greek chippy/ kebab house . Poor woman had a fractured wrist , jaw/cheek and smashed spectacles that cut open her forehead.
Then someone asked if I had run her over ?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

These days people prob sit there filming it all 1st before offering help

edd1974:
Few months back I was on a main busy road stopped due to red light. Car in front set off . What I didn’t realise under his car was plank.of laminate flooring on the road. I went over it skidded and came off. .all the car drivers were to busy beeping there horns… some Muslim fella.and a woman came over and helped me up checked I was ok etc.
No body else did

I’m probably opening a can of worms here but Just out of interest, why did you have to mention a “Muslim” fella and a woman instead of just a fella and a woman?

ProudNewbie:

edd1974:
No body else did

I’m probably opening a can of worms here but Just out of interest, why did you have to mention a “Muslim” fella and a woman instead of just a fella and a woman?

Maybe to prove most natives are ignorant, and generally Muslim’s get a bad press … when all creed and colour of people are good just always the bad ones are pointed out and stereo type. IE the OP, fixates on the person who did not stop rather than the person who did.

Also, due to his experience, states the NHS are poor, when in fact it over is overrun lack of resources etc … good job he is not in the USA they would bankrupt him after treating him.

The-Snowman:

You would never stop for someone laying in the road? Blimey, what caused this type of behavior? The world hasn’t got quite that Mad Max style bad just yet…

switchlogic:

The-Snowman:

You would never stop for someone laying in the road? Blimey, what caused this type of behavior? The world hasn’t got quite that Mad Max style bad just yet…

If corby ever gets in all bets are off :grimacing:

switchlogic:
You would never stop for someone laying in the road?

Nope
I have zero intention of becoming a statistic.
I dont care if the chances of it being a scam are 1 in 500. With my luck, id be that 1 in 500

Your friend was lucky:
bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-englan … e-45990346

Society now. When I lived in South Africa this was a tactic used by the local criminals. Someone would pretend to be injured/having a heart attack etc. If Someone did stop to help they would be shot - killed and robbed.

Perhaps the car driver was scared or simply didn’t give a ■■■■. There’s lots around now a days unfortunately.

I hope your mate is okay and doing well

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

P Stoff:
He’s had a stent fitted. NHS let him down badly but where we live they are [zb].

How did the NHS let him down, they fitted a stent, try having a heart attack in the US and see how you get on.

The-Snowman:

switchlogic:
You would never stop for someone laying in the road?

Nope
I have zero intention of becoming a statistic.
I dont care if the chances of it being a scam are 1 in 500. With my luck, id be that 1 in 500

But he is in the road next to or in front of a truck and in all probability the door open hardly the actions of a scammer… let’s just hope you don’t fall ill

We are not in South Africa and blaming the NHS when someone has led a ■■■■ lifestyle or has developed health problems is not on