Terberg Electric Tug

youtube.com/watch?v=xd69jkgk0ww

Does anybody know any company in the UK with these?

Nope not off hand.

I prefer a noisy tug cue Dipper Dave.

One that mongs can hear coming down the yard when they wander aimlessly around the yard paying no attention to anything around them.

They got these now as well.

I think the range for both vehicles limits thier practicality at the moment.

muckles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZIDSOPhZj0

How far do your shunters go? :open_mouth: :grimacing:

Seems like a reasonable application for electric vehicles, when the battery pack is getting low just swap a fresh pack in.

TiredAndEmotional:

muckles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZIDSOPhZj0

How far do your shunters go? :open_mouth: :grimacing:

Seems like a reasonable application for electric vehicles, when the battery pack is getting low just swap a fresh pack in.

Yes it does seem a good use for them, hence the term limits their practicality.

I think the range of the electric trucks will improve rapidly and we’ll see more on local multi drop work.

Local multi drop work well see them a lot quicker then “tramping”.

Who can guarentee me a working charging point everynight of the week, and whos going to pay for it.

Until diesel gets prohibitively expensive, it will be the same as with forklifts. Electric forklifts are clean (at point of use…), and require much less maintenance than diesel or gas powered forklifts. So the choice would be a no brained, but still gas and diesel powered fork trucks are widespread.

Apparently we’ll have an electric powered wheeled excavator exhibiting in paris in april , mecalac 12mtx e12. Its no small beast it weighs in around 12 tonnes.2 electric motors and runsfor 8 hours, 6 to 7 hours to recharge.

tonyj105:
Apparently we’ll have an electric powered wheeled excavator exhibiting in paris in april , mecalac 12mtx e12. Its no small beast it weighs in around 12 tonnes.2 electric motors and runsfor 8 hours, 6 to 7 hours to recharge.

All this electric stuff hmmm. And just how are we meant to power it all. I thought there was a very real concern over lack of power generation, wind permitting.

Can almost see the scandal coming now a few years down the line with dear old Arthur chipping in on his death bed “Well if the Tory Government under Thatcher hadn’t decimated the coalfields…” (it’s all right Arthur. Electricity would be that bloody expensive we can’t afford to deliver the cornflakes).