HGV driver on to wrong side of M62 after falling asleep

bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england … ing-asleep

serious wtf moment for every single person who saw that I bet

■■■■ sake!

Proper old school keep it going like nothing’s happened…

WTF. So he fell asleep and crossed the central reservation, woke up when he’s in lane 3 of the wrong carriageway and kept it lit?
Legend.

sent using smoke signals

“The 63-year-old was jailed for nine months at Liverpool Crown Court.”

No-one was hurt or injured.

Meanwhile type “■■■■■■■■■ avoids jail” into any search engine. This blooming country.

Chy:
“The 63-year-old was jailed for nine months at Liverpool Crown Court.”

No-one was hurt or injured.

He continued to drive against the oncoming traffic, causing a two-car smash which left van driver, Aden Stocks, with significant injuries to his neck and back.

bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england … ing-asleep

I was in India in November and we was going along a busy duel carriage way when a tractor on the other side lost its load so instead of sitting and waiting for the road to be cleared they all drove over the grass in the middle and went the wrong way in to the traffic and nobody bothered about it.

mick.mh2racing:
WTF. So he fell asleep and crossed the central reservation, woke up when he’s in lane 3 of the wrong carriageway and kept it lit?
Legend.

sent using smoke signals

PMSL.jpg

if he keeps the video,he could use it as a job reference for a start with our lot once he gets out. :slight_smile:

Driver-Once-More:

van driver, Aden Stocks, with significant injuries to his neck and back.

One van driver collided with the rear of the car in front after they both had to swerve to avoid the lorry.

The van driver, Aden Stocks, sustained significant injuries to his neck and back.

He has been so badly affected psychologically that he has had to leave his job as it involved driving, the court heard.

Tailgating van driver can no longer take the excitement. Gets his whiplash payout. Awesome.

No Judge in the land is interested in why a 62 year old with sleep apnea is so scared of his bosses he can’t take a break (that isn’t handballing probably) and we hear nothing from journalists quizzing the transport company concerned. This sixty two year old now gets nine months in a violent hell hole with rapists and murderers meanwhile pedo’s get less time for abusing children.

My point stands but I acknowledge your point that this was not a victimless “crime”.

dieseldog999:
if he keeps the video,he could use it as a job reference for a start with our lot once he gets out. :slight_smile:

Hes certainly no Tosco plobber is he. Keep it lit at all costs…company should be proud of him… :grimacing:

I’m on my 3 rd day / night starts of midnight/ 1 am starts , 3x 15 hrs shifts and I can understand how he’s fallen asleep and ended up on the wrong carriage way , I’m normally tired on 3/4/5 am starts but this is another level of tiredness , I did these start times on days , doing 7/8/9 hr days and couldn’t do it any more so packed it in but midnight / 15 hrs you become like a zombie , can’t get enough sleep and struggle to think straight , tomorrow I’m down for a midnight start , finish 13.00 , same fri , 71 hrs , midnight starts , it’s crazy , you’d think they’d plan a shorter day somewhere through the week.
I guess he’ll carry the can where they should be looking what contributed to him falling asleep at wheel , assuming it wasn’t health related , goodnight

I saw this. I was in lane one East bound and I wasn’t even sure if it was real it all happened so fast. Just saw cars diving out of lane 3 and everyone just slowing down then this guy is coming towards us in lane 3. I told the transport office incase they wanted to pass on the dash cam footage but never heard anything from it until now. Not sure about the sentence. It throws up some very interesting questions. This guy falls asleep, the guy in Glasgow with the bin truck blacking out. I’m sure there are many more. Who else has a fall back incase they can’t drive anymore?