Truckmate S8110

Hi. Do any of you guys use one of these and would you recommend over other truck Satnavs? Lot of money and need to be sure!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sat nav with built in TV - total waste of time as a 7" screen wont be any good for watching the tele, if you can manage to get reception (big if). Dont know if you remember the 7" tvs from the 1980s but theres a reason they dont sell them anymore.

Save the money, go buy a decent sat nav like a Tomtom Trucker 6500. Then you could either get a proper tv via an arial or better still a tablet pc and watch internet tv via wifi from your phone.

His assumes you ever get time to watch tv which unless your tramping us very unlikely.

Ps, dont tell Robroy I said buy a £300 sat nav or he’ll take me off his Christmas card list. :smiley:

I had two Snoopers with the TV in them, both failed me and broke down, so I binned them both , my loss, the TV was hit and miss , but once got a reception, the picture quality was excellent, but after a ten hour drive or a fifteen hour day, I was not always in the mood to watch TV late at night .
Both of these had the ADR bridge and tunnel options , but if you entered a London address, it would say route not suitable or available, to get around this, I switched it to car mode, by the time I enter London, set it back to LGV mode, as it was too early for LGV weight limits and timed restrictions on LGV mode when I set off from Fleet MSA .

Thanks for that. I’ve been using Copilot Truck app which is ok but POIs and re routing are rubbish. Plus it doesn’t seem to know when there are temporary road closures at night (when Google does!). Just the idea of buying something for loads of cash and the finding it’s not the best is a mare. Been looking at Garmin Dezi which sounds ok. Not bothered about TV as everyone just used their phone or tablet plus you’re generally knackered so just want something that does the trick and worth the money. Might just stick to combination of Google maps, truck atlas and bit of common sense!

Snooper won’t tell you where the traffic is .It dose not do London very well coz of the London lorry control thing
it just as an annoying bleeps tell you are in a weight limit road when you no your not.

sck04560:
Hi. Do any of you guys use one of these and would you recommend over other truck Satnavs? Lot of money and need to be sure!

We use Snooper satnavs and they perform well… we do a lot of London and they are pretty good. I bought myself one with a TV… just because I got a particularly good deal.

I wouldn’t spend a lot extra just for the tele, the picture is small, the sound is crap and the signal capture is rubbish - even with the aerial… although you can plug the sound into your stereo - depending on the lorry’s ports etc.

Another downside is the memory card soon fills - can’t remember the limit of places you can store and the title given to the saved locations is very limited.

I would suggest either a portable dvd player or a ipad and download movies etc for entertainment and a decent size 7" satnav without tele.

If you are on the same truck all the time… get a 12v tele…

what a load of bollox mine works perfectly tv works in all euro countries i use it when sat waiting to tip then use my 22 inch tv in the evening, prat nav is ok apart from allways wanting you to use long routes

Nearly £400 quid is a load of money when all I need like everyone else is bridges, weight restrictions, traffic delays, road closures, file stops and parking etc. I do use Sat nav and proper maps but like tech as well and wish there was a no brained get this truck sat nav recommendation.

Just checked my auto spelling and file stops is fuel stops

i got the cheapo…£45…everything on it you can think of…works too…if it did pack up…i can bin it and not lose a lot £300 is a lot to bear and would bring tears to my eyes…ha ha but i do have a spare which is really good, and i have maps and a good earsight for home and abroad. so everything covered.