Truckmate

Looking at buying a Truckmate (Snooper) LGV satnav in England with European mapping, just wondering if anyone has bought one and what they think of it…does it have all the information that you require when doing European work, does it have all the addresses and Industrial estates that you are looking for, or is it a complete waste of money…any feedback welcome!

If you got a normal Tom Tom get yourself onto gpsunderground.com youll need to register but should find what you want without paying with your hard earned

I have the snooper s5000 truck mate it’s never let me down in Europe it’s probably not the best on the market but does the job.
Set it up right and it shouldn’t take you anywhere near low bridges or weight limits.

i have snooper s5000 been using in europe 4 yrs and its brilliant wont always find everywhere but it wont send u down weight limits or under low bridges

I use the S7000, it can do up to 16 multi drop routes, the tv is very good, with a long and robust aerial and lead.
It can do ADR routes, and live traffic managment to warn of road closures, and incidents/accidents on route, just press the button to avoid it.
The blue tooth phone is handy, pair up the mobile phone so you can then speak hands free in to the sat nav.
I found it worth the money and reliable so far.If you buy one at a UK MSA ask for a discount, they sell them at nearly all the UK MSA`s.

Had mine for several years now never once let me down

ive had two over the years first one just frooze on me in Holland but snooper replaced it without any problems then the replacement lost sound then I had it knicked out of truck …but I can say it was a good sat nav and got me 99.9% to where I wanted to be …

i got a truckmate sat nav and use it in europe mainland and uk delivering ADR and its been 99.9% accurate 99% of the time only thing i found with it is a crap speaker, but i can use it throu the truck wireless built in little tv and dab radio works a treat

Cheers for the replies, looks like everyone is pretty happy with them, apart from the truckstops, anyone know of a decent internet based firm selling the truckmates cheaper??

I bought one of ebay for £38.99 back in July. It has not let me down yet in Europe. I got it from trading4uk.ltd

just to add I had an issue with the in-cab charger when I first got it. Got onto Snooper and they ‘sameday’ couriered a replacement to me. Pretty good backup really