Well worth a look!

I would not normally post an Agency job, but this could be a good one, no harm in giving them a ring.

Direct Workforce Ltd

Class 1 Driver (left hand drive)

Job description

Due to expansion, our presitgious client is looking for Class 1 Drivers to join their new business in Killingholme. We are working on behalf of them to recruit drivers with previous Class 1 experience where you will be allocated your own vehicle (no switching or changing). They have a brand new fleet, which are left hand drive. Previous experience with left hand is preferred however training will be given for the right candidates.

This is a permanent position, however there are temporary/ongoing positions also if preferred.

Job details:

• There may be a requirement for nights out but this is not essential
• 3/4 drops per day
• Nationwide deliveries
• Own vehicle and new equipment
• Euro liner trailers
• Full training offered
• Must have valid CPC and Digi card
• You must be over 23 years due to insurance purposes

Salary up to £32,850 per annum, based on working the legal tacho driving hours Monday to Friday.

Overtime is paid in addition to the basic salary at £17 per hour, paid only on Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays. Night out allowance paid at £25 per night and you will be paid every four weeks. Our client is also currently reviewing other benefits including bonuses, attendance and extra meal allowances.

These are excellent opportunities for the right candidates, immediate start available! Temporary / ongoing options are also available is preferred. If you would like to be considered, please apply online today, or call a member of our team on 0113 272 0060.

Apply

A brand new fleet of left hookers and Euroliners to do UK work! :confused: :confused:

bullitt:
A brand new fleet of left hookers and Euroliners to do UK work! :confused: :confused:

I thought the same about having a fleet of left hookers, I wonder if they’re 4x2’s and being left hookers makes it cheaper on the lease?

Could be Muckles, or maybe theyre expecting to be inundated by EE drivers and so are hedging their bets and buying kit that the EEs would feel more at home with!

The phone number comes up on google as “Direct Workforce” part of prime staff (whoever they are)
Address: Direct Workforce Ltd. Unit 4, George Mann Road, Quayside Business Park, Leeds.

Bullshine, absolute bullshine!
I live and work in this area and no employer in this area is now or ever has paid that sort of wages!

Its for Smeets ferry. Smeets only employ a handful of drivers. The rest are provided by Prime Drive who Direct workforce are a subsidiary of.

peirre:
The phone number comes up on google as “Direct Workforce” part of prime staff (whoever they are)
Address: Direct Workforce Ltd. Unit 4, George Mann Road, Quayside Business Park, Leeds.

You genius, I would have said the words “Direct Workforce” in the ad were a clue, and the fact that I mentioned it was an agency job. Grumpy try asking them YOU NEVER KNOW TILL YOU ASK.

Think this might be the “carpet job” … used to be Brit European and is now Dutch outfit with blue units … can’t think of the name … I heard that they now had a “base” on Jnc 41 Ind. Estate @ Wakefield … although they were using box trls with the rear-mounted forklifts to self-unload, but all the wagons I have seen of theirs have been left-hookers.
Other firm that runs left hookers is another EU outfit, with mostly RED Mercs … always seem to just run at 52mph … and I can’t think of their name either.
Must be my age :unamused: :unamused:

Ps. Nowt wrong with Direct Workforce … I worked for Dawn & Kelly when they first started this Agency a few yrs ago … OK, a long time ago ! Things may have changed a bit, as I think it is now part-owned by Bibbys … think that is correct :question:

The Rustler:
Think this might be the “carpet job” … used to be Brit European and is now Dutch outfit with blue units

Verhoek Europe :sunglasses:

‘‘Salary up to £32,850 per annum, based on working the legal tacho driving hours Monday to Friday.’’

Is this now considered good money for maxing your hours out every week for 5 days, note the careful wording and ‘up to’ in the quote :bulb:

No mention of stand down pay for WTD catch up, how you going to work overtime at weekend or bank hol maxing the hours during the week, the only way i can think of is booking as much poa and break as possible.

mummy is daddy dead?

And paid 4 weeks at a time .
I think I would prefer hourly pay,Paid weekly .

Beetlejuice:
And paid 4 weeks at a time .
I think I would prefer hourly pay,Paid weekly .

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrginge:

The Rustler:
Think this might be the “carpet job” … used to be Brit European and is now Dutch outfit with blue units

^
That’ll be them.

Re the advert on training for left hand drive, theres really no difference bar right hand gear change… :confused:

AndrewG:

mrginge:

The Rustler:

^
That’ll be them.

Re the advert on training for left hand drive, theres really no difference bar right hand gear change… :confused:

99% chance the trucks are autos, and the term training might just be spending a bit of time with somebody to give you tips on road positioning and approaching roundabouts and junctions.

And if you think there is no difference, try double manning a LHD truck with somebody who lied about their experience, bloody scary it was the crash barriers looked mighty close when I was in the passenger seat. :open_mouth:

Left hand drive wagon for deliveries in the u.k yeah have fun with them tight spots.

May be some of you in the Ispwich area know anything about Smeets Ferry/Smeets Transport :confused: :confused: :question:

I applied for the job but went straight through Smeets Head Office with it. I will have an interview in 2 weeks at their premises in Ipswich.

What I know so far:

• They pay a salary above 30K > Night Outs are seperated

• They’re customer driven > meaning when the customer wants his goods on the trailer by 10am in the morning than make sure you get there.

• They pull their own Eurotrailers and have around 3-4 drops and 2-3 collections per shift and their driver said they make you work all the legal hrs you can work. (Monday to Friday > 71 hours > 3x 15 hrs shifts + 2x 13 hrs, if necessary). If you roll in on a saturday or sunday you get additional hourly pay. (more than 12p/hrs). Obviously their is some graft involded stripping and strapping these Eurotrailers and sometimes they offload on a ramp.

Everything is monitored by telematics and GPS etc. But they also seem to have a system what checks how you perform and you log your walk around checks in a little hand held PC.

• Parking is NOT paid for and they expect you to park in Laybys and only pay if their goods have a high value :angry: :frowning:

• Sometimes it’s tramping shifts, some week days you’re home all depending on the workload and how you get on. I also heard people have been fired because they didn’t hack it and where only average :neutral_face:

To be honest, having this info so far I don’t know if I even should go to the Interview or not because you could end up working LOADS OF HRS for a penny and getting pushed and have to find your ■■■■■■■■■■■■ vs. you running out of hrs.

So guys, what would you do or does any one have more info on this company? You can also pm me if you want.
May be some guys from Immingham know more about them, because they have also a compound there.

I try to gather as much info as I can to have a good pro/con before I decide.

Normally i would say, ok let’s get a least to the interview to know the facts but there is some points mentioned above what really put me off.

Opions please

My opion is you’re not keen on it as it is why waste time going for an interview which is rarely an exercise in telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?