I want to be a planner

UKtramp:

AndieHyde:
Moral of this tale, If you aspire to managment of any sort. It’s kill or be killed and although I have learnt to smile when I kill those “above” me.

It is a well known management tool, known as the smiling assassin. Used it a lot myself during my management days. :smiley:

While I agree, it is a thing.
You never see a person who has real skin in the game behave in this manner. They will encourage their minions to do the dirty work, but never themselves.

Running my own company for 7 years has taught me to treat employees with respect and encouragment to get the best from them. It’s important because it’s my money that is funding their employment. Ancient wisdom in this case says you will catch more flies with jam as apposed to vinegar.

A work a day planner gets paid no matter what and isnt, by definition “your boss”. They are just another link in the chain, just like the driver they are responsable in asset managment.
When they get all shouty and unreasonable, park the truck up and throw the keys in a field and point out THEIR problem. Watch them climb down from the high horse.

I know, I dont have a morgage to pay so I can take this mavrick approach but I have had to put up with this kind of $#it for most of my life and “bosses” will always use any leverage against you.

Better to die fighting as a free man, than to live a life on your knees as a slave