Planners

My wife has just me a question that I don’t know the answer to. :imp: Can anybody answer her question? :open_mouth:

Are there any companies out there that do not have “silly children” in the planning office?

You know the sort she is on about.

The company I work for doesn’t. Admittedly, there are only 13 lorries (8 artics, and the rest ranging from 7.5 to 26 ton) and one planner. We are (or at least I am) always asked rather than told, and if I get a problem, and I can’t solve it, I pass it on to him and it gets sorted.

I used to sometimes get a bit wound up at the time it could take to get an answer now and then, but after spending 2 weeks in the office when he went on holiday, and seeing things from that side, I know where the delays come from now, and rarely get stressed with the office.

All in all, I tend to be a happy little bunny :smiley:

Gary

I used to slag off our planners.

I’ve been in the office this week being trained to plan.

I will no longer slag them off when i’m back out on the road.

I know the type you mean but none where i am now, they wouldn’t last 5 minutes the office is cool and calm and good natured.

However from the other side of the coin, some licence holders would try the patience of a saint, i wouldn’t put up with the shenanigans they pull if i went in the office, and as for drivers moaning Jesus wept if there was an olympic event we’d take all three bloody medals.

Our office is a circus & the clowns even wear makeup…!

Why do they ask where you are when the tracker is six inches away but too lazy to look at it.

About the same amount of companies that dont have big girls blouses driving their trucks I would think.

I preferred the old days, first advent of cab phones “where the ■■ are you” “I am here ■■■■■ loading” “hurry the ■■ up” “I am ■■■■■ trying aren’t I”. “OK let me know when your tipped” “yea yea yea” “see ya Friday you assole” much better. :stuck_out_tongue:

JLS Driver SOS:
I preferred the old days, first advent of cab phones “where the [zb] are you” “I am here ■■■■■ loading” “hurry the [zb] up” “I am ■■■■■ trying aren’t I”. “OK let me know when your tipped” “yea yea yea” “see ya Friday you assole” much better. :stuck_out_tongue:

correct! :grimacing: Donald ducked the job up mobile/ cab phones :sunglasses:

It’s swings and roundabouts. There are just as many children or childish people driving. In the same respect of feeling that no one knows how hard it is to drive, its equally the same to plan.

Everyone where i work is fine and good at what they do.

Same where I am. Separate planners for local pallets, general haulage rigids and general haulage artics, so it’s pretty smooth.

I’d liken it to the staff detailer at the bus company I used to work at, people would eff and jeff about him morning noon and night, yet he constantly had to make silk purses from sow’s ears, stuff like trying to cover 20 shifts with 3 drivers available!

We have central planning aka dolly bastarts.