Actros Fridge

I know this might of got asked before,But whats the best fridge to buy for a Actros 12 or 24 volt

Also wheres best to buy fridge from

Thanks

No idea about a fitted fridge but halfrauds have some offers on their range, I think a 40L was £80 12/24v

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seasideblues:
I know this might of got asked before,But whats the best fridge to buy for a Actros 12 or 24 volt

Thanks

I have a 24 volt one, I removed the drawer nearest to driver’s side and it fits in there nice, and I just pull it in and out…oooer .Mrs :laughing:
When I thought my fridge was done earlier this year, I looked into a proper Merc fridge that fits into that drawer, but they are quite expensive, and mine was repairable anyway.
When it does eventually go that is the plan, the firm do not spec them :unamused: but they loan finance to these guys who buy lights and bars for their trucks, so I’ll go down that road for financing a fridge on weekly payments I reckon…will your co not do that??

Edit; If you can be arsed to look for the thread where I enquired about a Merc fridge, some of the lads on here sent me some links for some good and reasonably priced fridges.

Wouldn’t you think that when a company employs a tramper driver, they should actually supply a fridge and a microwave into the vehicle. I am starting a new firm on Monday and luckily a fridge is spec’d in the unit but no microwave. Incidentally I bought my last fridge at my last firm but left it for the guy taking over from me as I couldn’t be bothered to take it out and I knew I had one in my new unit. I really think they should supply these two essential items as standard, you supply your own TV, cooking items etc, that is understandable.

Agree with the above.
Fortunately the guy who specs our units was a driver for 30 years before ill health forced him off the road so he knows the score.
Fridges always spec’d and as soon as the units delivered it’s straight into our workshop for inverter and microwave.

Wincanton construction fit microwaves to their vehicle. You have to complete a SSOW before they will let you use it though!

If you are looking to get a fridge fitted to a Merc, go with the factory fridge. There is an aftermarket one in mine and its shocking. I’ve had the truck for eleven weeks and a working fridge for three.

The last company I drove for that didn’t spec fridge was HSF over 10 years ago. At this stage I probably wouldn’t take a job with a company that is so cheap they can’t supply you with a basic item like a fridge

robroy:

seasideblues:

Thanks

I have a 24 volt one, I removed the drawer nearest to driver’s side and it fits in there nice, and I just pull it in and out…oooer .Mrs :laughing:
When I thought my fridge was done earlier this year, I looked into a proper Merc fridge that fits into that drawer, but they are quite expensive, and mine was repairable anyway.
When it does eventually go that is the plan, the firm do not spec them :unamused: but they loan finance to these guys who buy lights and bars for their trucks, so I’ll go down that road for financing a fridge on weekly payments I reckon…will your co not do that??

Edit; If you can be arsed to look for the thread where I enquired about a Merc fridge, some of the lads on here sent me some links for some good and reasonably priced fridges.

Hi…
Thanks for the comments,most trucks iv’e had in the past tramping have come with a cab fridge,so all bit new to me :confused: …Would a 12 volt fridge from Halfords be ok or do i really need to get a 24 volt one.

I would think it would do mate, but I myself have had no direct experience with them, so can’t really help on that tbh.
Have you looked for customer reviews on them on their website?

Our trucks are specced by bean counters who go home every night so consequently do not have fridges fitted. I use one of them 12/240v hobbies from Aldi, it isn’t a fridge per se but it a perfectly adequate cool-box. £40ish, worked well for the last three years.

If I need stuff a little colder my company have kindly issued me with a forty odd foot personal fridge that I pull around behind me all week.